Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early scans

hey all just wandering if you had an early scan, how many weeks you were and what did you see? Thanks x

Replies

• 8.5 weeks. Seen baby and heartbeat.

• Had a scan at 7+5 weeks - Saw a little bean shape with a heartbeat. Had another scan at 10+5 weeks - Saw definite baby shape and heartbeat.

• scan at 8+3, saw blob and heartbeat.

• I was 9 weeks and could see a wriggly baby shape with kicking legs, waving arms and a heartbeat:

• Fig I'm going to call your baby, baby long legs :) It has long legs in both your scans I think! Beautiful baby x

• Ha Pep, he or she doesn't get that from their short ar5e mother! Lol Thank you :) x

• 6+1 and we saw a baked bean with a flickering heartbeat :-)

• I went at 7+1 and saw the baby bean and a flickering heartbeat, as well as listened to the heartbeat. Was so very glad I did. I chatted to the clinic when I booked and she said they'd really rather not see people before 7 weeks as although they often *do* spot what they're looking for before 7 weeks, sometimes they don't and it's just upsetting for the couple as they can't give them a firm outcome either way. I found out at 3+6 (though 'knew' sooner) and so it seemed a tortuous wait to over 7 weeks but it felt right for us to wait until then.

• I was 8+5 and saw both bean and the heartbeat and the bean was visible straight away.

• I was 7+3 and we saw the heartbeat and a little bean.

• Thanks everyone. Fig what a good scan pic! I currently have a scan booked for 6+4 but I'm freaking out because this was how far along I was last time when my tube ruptured..I'm hoping to get one at 6 weeks to give me peace of mind..I just can't relax. All I want at the moment is to know my baby has made it to the right place this time, don't get me wrong a heart beat would be amazing but i just need to know it's not ectopic again first! I would have thought they can tell this after 5 wee
  • * weeks ? X
  • I was 7 weeks 6 days and saw this and a flickering heatbeat

• This was at 6+1, saw the bean and a flickering heartbeat. Very early but I got my bfp at 3+5 so it seemed a long wait for reassurance.

• I was 8+2, and I saw the sac, a blobby baby, and heard the heartbeat.  

It didn't look like much, to be honest.  I was just worried about miscarriage as I had no symptoms and my sister has had several mcs...  my nhs scan was exactly 3 weeks later, but if there was any more time between the two I'd have relapsed into worry, but then I was also reassured by the statistics of viable pregnancies being 98% when there a strong heartbeat at 8 weeks (according to the miscarriage association).

• I had one at 8+5 and could see a heartbeat and the foetus was wriggling about.  The legs are pointing left and the head is on the right.