Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hair loss help!

I was wondering whether anyone has any hair loss experience?

Over the last few weeks or even for a couple of months more of my hair has been falling out than normal! I'm actually starting to thin out on top :(

I don't know whether its hair loss from my last pregnancy or more this one but I'm starting to worry! In my last pregnancy my hair didn't stop falling out until 2nd tri so I am wondering whether it will stop soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Replies

• My hair was a disaster in 1st Tri. I went to the hairdressers not long after my scan and I could tell by the horrified look on her face that it wasn't just me that had noticed it. She was quizzing me if my work had been overly stressful as it could effect my hair, I then told her I was pregnant and she told me that was exactly what was 'wrong'.

She advised me to start using Kerastase shampoo to try and protect and rebuild my hair. It's actually called age premium or something (it says its for mature hair!) she told me to ignore that and basically what it does for older hair I need it to do for me now. It's in a purple bottle.

I've been using it for about 6 weeks now and my hair is much better. It's not all broken and falling out, I've definitely noticed a difference! Wasn't convinced to begin with but I'll be keeping using it!!x

• Thanks MDD. I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I'll give that a go. It's just so worrying when its out of your control isn't it?