Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fecking school

I have just had a lecture from my five year old teling me why I shouldn't drive him to school but why I should walk him or take him on his bicycle.

Yes I understand that it is healthier and I understand that it is better from the environment but I have to drive him to Before school club at 7.30am so that I can then get to work for 8am. If they are willing to open the school at 7am for me I will walk him to school and then walk back home again and drive to work from the house as opposed to the school. But until that happens I have to stick with driving. But I wish they would piss off trying to get guilt trip me into something through my children.

Also can they back off on the good/bad food crap as well? When you have a child that has a fairly restricted diet and has done bloody well not to be stunted in growth when msot with his illness end up being stunted, can they back the feck off thank you?

I know they have to aim at the majority but I really have enough going on in my life anyway with out this crap from school as well.

Sorry but rather annoyed<fuming>

Replies

• C's school pees me off with all that too, so I feel your pain.

I offered C a sweet after his dinner once, and he started crying, saying he couldn't, as his teachers would tell him off for eating unhealthily... They had drilled it in to him, so hard, that he constantly got upset about good/bad food.

• I'd be so annoyed... It would be interesting to know if they drum it into children who's parent's are disabled, I have problems walking and so when little one goes to school I am going to have to drive them to school there's no way I would be able to make it too the school from our house!

That's terrible AK! Poor C :(

• Abnormal Kitty
    I offered C a sweet after his dinner once, and he started crying, saying he couldn't, as his teachers would tell him off for eating unhealthily... They had drilled it in to him, so hard, that he constantly got upset about good/bad food.

We had this recently. I said how important it was to brush your teeth especially after fruit as they contain acid which attacks your teeth and sugar which bacteria in your mouth eat if they aren't cleaned properly. Up until that point his argument had been he didn't need to clean his teeth because fruit was good for you. Then when he heard that fruit had sugar in it, he cried but sugar is BAD for you, well I can't eat fruit anymore<sigh>

• Just remembered the other part of rant. I have to take B to hospital appointments for his health problems. I have been told I need to provide an official letter proving it is a hospital appointment and not just a jaunt off school, otherwise I risk being fined £60 taking him out of school. I understand that children need to be in school as much as possible but for the nutritionist one and the Drs one the appointments were made over the phone. I try to make them for the holidays because selfishly it is a heck of a lot more convenient for me but the blooming hospital cancelled them and re-arranged them for the middle of term<sigh> They know he is ill, they know I work full time, they know how complicated it is for me anyway. But last year his attendance had a day that was down as unexplained abscence for one of his hospital appointments because I forget to photocopy the letter for them.

• In case you will decide to take your 5-year-old child to school by bike, I’ve got a very useful link for you: https://cutelittledarling.com/best-bike-for-5-year-olds/. I chose Woom 3 for my daughter on this site and that was just very convenient. Well it contains not only a brief characteristic to every model, but also the comparison table that enables you to get the most suitable one. So I do recommend it, feel free to use it.image