Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Having a tough time

Hi this is my first post. I had an ectopic last year and a mc in April. I am currently 7 weeks 2 days. I have been feeling rotten the last week or so but today I am feeling better and am worrying myself. I have a scan booked for next wed. I'm not sure if I'm just stressing as my mc happened at 7 weeks last time. im just finding things really hard just now

Replies

• Sorry to hear about your ectopic and mc, Congratulations on your pregnancy, Try not to worry so much about your symptoms I find that my symptoms come and go some days I have none then other day's they are very bad :) Try not too worry, I know it's so hard not too!

• Hi hopeful6! Sorry to hear about your mc and ectopic, but congratulations on your pregnancy. Don't worry about symptoms coming and going. I know it's easier said than done, especially when I did the exact same thing myself! Take each day as it comes.

• Hi hopeful as the others have said take it a day at a time and remember this is a totally different pregnancy, thinking of you and wishing you a happy uneventful pregnancy xxx

• Hi,

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time, I know how you feel. I'm now 19w and 5 days but after my previous 3 m/c, I still panic constantly, even though I thought that after I got past 12 weeks I'd be ok. I still have morning sickness and even though I want it to go away, I panic if I have a good day too.

Unfortunately there's no magic cure that will make you feel better (or if there is I certainly haven't found it). You just have to take each day at a time, and with each week that passes it'll get easier and easier. Then one day you'll find yourself buying baby things and believing that this time it'll be ok.

The one thing that has comforted me is knowing people don't think I'm being melodramatic, and you'll probably find your not the only one close to you that's worrying, they'll just be trying to hide it so they don't panic you. Accept how you feel is inevitable after your history, don't beat yourself up about it, and be as positive as you can be.

Once I got past 14 weeks I bought fetal heartrate monitor. Now everytime I panic I listen to the babies heartbeat and relax. I know some people don't like them, but for me they have eased so much stress (once I knew how to find the baby easily), that it's the most valued thing I've had during my pregnancy.

Good luck with it all and come back on here for any reassurance you need.

BLL xx