Forum home General Chat General chat

Flu jabs for children?

Hi All,

Amber's school is offering flu jabs in the form of a nasal spray. We are a bit undecided whether to say yay or nay...

Have any of you been offered them for your primary school children? Any advice/thoughts?

TIA,

Terra.

Replies

• I have just booked Liam in for his.  Its all children between 2 and 3 here.  I would rather he had it, proper flu is the most horrible thing ever.

• Yes, both of mine are getting the spray at school and nursery this year and subject to them letting them on the day will be getting it done.

• iv not seen anything locally but im going to phone the gp and see if they meet the criteria to get it done, in fact i also need to get mine done to

• oops, I am not with it today.  Liam gets the nasal spray too, not the jab

• Luke has the seasonal flu vaccine every year because of his heart/lung condition. I tried to get Luke the nasal spray this year but it's only being offered to 2 and 3 year olds, so he will have to have the jab again. really disappointed :(

• I'd take it. Both mine will get it due to weakened immune, it's no big deal and I wouldn't want them getting flu.

• I think both of mine are eligible as I've heard that my GP is doing two and three year olds so they're both able to. I usually get it due to my asthma.

• Thanks all for your responses. Our local borough is doing this I think as a trial for 4-5 yr olds. Going to give permission, whether she lets them squirt it up her nose or not remains to be seen!

Terra x

• All 2 and 3 year olds here are getting it, J is booked in for the nasal spray in a couple of weeks