Forum home General Chat General chat

How can we spice up the sex life?

As above really! Since having my girl in Sept we've DTD about twice. And to be honest it was a bit boring. We have the little balls already, have sex candles, have vibes, have love eggs, have paddles and whips ect, have tried anal, didn't like it, done handcuffs, tying up and spanking ect. Is there something I'm missing? something we haven't tried? 

Replies

• TBH If you've only done it twice since Sep I'd be thnking you need to find each other again, enjoy simple sex, enjoy each other. With that hopefully the spark should come back. The more you have the more you want, it's getting over the initial CBA phase. Maybe take a bath or shower together so sex isn't just in bed when you are both knackered.

• I was going to say the same as Kat, try going back to basics without all the added extras and go from there.

• Tbh, we were getting a bit bored before Lo came along, then SD moved in and finding the time seems impossible. I'm not really one for simple sex, although it's always worth a try :) thanks

• KatSlater

TBH If you've only done it twice since Sep I'd be thnking you need to find each other again, enjoy simple sex, enjoy each other. With that hopefully the spark should come back. The more you have the more you want, it's getting over the initial CBA phase. Maybe take a bath or shower together so sex isn't just in bed when you are both knackered.

ExactlyWSS

I've been where you are an we had to get used to it again before all the fun extra stuff started again. Try just being together first, as much as you can. The more you have the more you'll want it. Then once you're into a groove introduce the toys. It'll be too much to go from nowt to full on paddles and spanking I think seeing as you're having sex so infrequently.

Trust me it does get better though. Kat will tell you, 2 months ago I was getting NONE and now I've happily reported a total turn around!

• Hephurn- (sorry can't work out how to quote) can i ask how you actually got things back on track, the 2times we have have been without the bells and whistles. I know how to get down and dirty but am crap at any kind of "emotional" sex. I just feel too damn awkward!

• We just forced ourselves to keep doing it even if not in the mood. So we got in the habit of twice weekly and quickly found ourselves initiating it more frequently. Also just doing it even if not in the mood. I started being more honest too so we've tried a bit more new stuff.

Getting back on the saddle was the main thing, we did it like rabbits when TTCing then stopped totally for 4 months (totally) - 4 weeks later we are back on track with bells on

• So sorry for not getting back to this Hepburn, on the my discussions part its not just my discussions its every blooming thread so i dont see if theres any more replies. Sex life has been a bit better, we've been sending saucy texts and its helped us get in the mood. Also going to get my parents to babysit one night in Jan so we can go out for a meal and have some quality alone time later :) thanks for all thr advice

• We used to have really high sex drive, had sex all the time, could barely go to bed without having and then we introduce toys and bondage which we both loved. The wife became stressed with a year long training course at work, sex went down hill hardly having it and only when I really tried. We have got married and are really happy having sex slightly more frequently but we both want to try for a baby but trying to increase sex is difficult as wifes sex drive still low all toys still not allowed out it’s like not interested even tho she wants a baby frequency still not there