Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long do the batteries last on your slumber bear?

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with mine. 

Two days after getting mine it started making a weird noise, I changed the batteries and it was fine. But now two days later again it's doing it again. 

Surely it can't be normal that the batteries only last two days? It's an absolute life saver but I can't be buying new batteries every two days! 

Replies

• I think it's faulty, granted ours isnt used that often but the same batteries are in it from when he was born and he is now 4 months.

• We've just changed our batteries. It makes a weird noise like you said before they go. Could it be the batteries?

• The first batteries were the ones that came with it so maybe they were already partly used, and the ones I put in the other day were from my kitchen junk drawer so may also have been a bit used. I'm going to buy some new ones today and try them and hopefully they will last longer- I don't want to have to return it it's been my life saver!!

• We def didn't have to change the batteries that often, hope new batteries work otherwise I'd exchange it x

• I used the slumber bear for around 4-6 months (actually no idea how long) & never had to change the batteries, think yours is possibly faulty

• JT I was looking at Slumber Bears online and came across this message from the manufactuer on amazon. Might be worth changing your battery type? If it still isn't working efficiently then I'm sure the manufacturer would exchange it for you without fuss.

MESSAGE FROM THE MANUFACTURER

It has been brought to our attention that some consumers have been experiencing problems with the soundbox unit sold with our Slumber Bears. This matter was investigated last year and the fault was found to be the result of incompatibilities with some brand of batteries used. Duracell was identified to be the main problematic brand of batteries. Prince Lionheart has now made a slight design change to mitigate this problem and all future soundbox units received will be free from this problem and we would expect returns level to return to their low levels of c1% going forward. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your customers. Of those customers who encounter a problem with their soundbox, many are able to resolve the problem immediately by changing the battery brand. In the rare instance where this is not successful, Prince Lionheart stands behind its products and replaces the soundbox as a service to our customer. Prince Lionheart (UK) Ltd is committed to ensuring that all our products meet the highest standard and level of quality, and diligently investigate all concerns that our customers have. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention; we will continue to monitor the performance of this product, of which millions have been sold worldwide.

• Thanks sweet pea. I've not had chance to get any batteries yet but will give it a go and if not then I'll send it back. It was from amazon