Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many dpo did you get a positive pregnancy test?

This is only my 1st cycle of ttc & it's already driving me crazy. I'm symptom spotting like crazy & am willing my body to do the right thing. Last time I got my bfp the real real symptom I got was really sore tender boobs which I don't have this time (yet!). I'm 7dpo & am swinging from being convinced I am pregnant to being 100% confident that this isn't our cycle. I was thinking I might test on sat or sun (10-11 dpo), is this too early to test? Some opinions would be great (not entirely sure I can hold out until next Wednesday!!). I only bought 5 cheapy internet hpt but today I also bought 2 tescos ones as backup for only when I get a positive.

Thanks

Replies

• I didn't properly register on an IC till 17dpo but got a BFP on a FR at 12dpo. Fingers crossed for you!

• i got a + on a IC and frer on 11dpo and a cbd on 12dpo

• I just don't get it. Why even bother testing until your period is late?

• I got the most ridiculously faint shadow on an IC at 10dpo, then a clear positive on a FR later that day.

Rusty-  because if I can't test till my period is late that's over a week away, which is aaaaages!!

• spikeygoodness
    Rusty-  because if I can't test till my period is late that's over a week away, which is aaaaages!!

I hear you, I REALLY do but so many people test too early and get really disappointed seeing a BFN. Getting your period is less of a blow IMO. 

Plus, tests are much more accurate once your period is actually late and they are so damn expensive. I'd wait. It's just a week. 

• I had just come off my pill so waited until 28 days from my last period and got my BFP. I didnt have any symptoms or anything.

• Very faint at about 7DPO and I tested every 2 days after with it getting less faint each time.  Im impatient though!!

• I'm with Rusty! Although to be fair I was TTC a long time so I just waited for AF to show as it was too hard seeing BFNs all the time.

I only tested when AF was a day or two late, which gave me definite positives on both CBD and IC.

• I tested when I was a week late with #1 so CD35 and a few days late with #2.  Less chance of disappointment.

• I got a positive that i could see without squinting at about 12dpo i think.

I get that some people think testing early isn't the way to do it because of the disappointment, but for me, I wanted to know if i'd been successful or not as soon as possible so i could get over it and start thinking forward to the next month. I bought a load of ICs for that very reason.  I'm quite impatient, so i preferred to know asap rather than wait and see if AF was going to show or not. And TBH whether it's a negative test or AF showing up, your going to be disappointed if the objective is to get pregnant.

• I got a BFP at 9dpo with number 2 and 3. I didn't test until I was two weeks late first time as I wasn't really tracking or knowing what I was doing!

• With Isla, not sure but AF was a day late. This time I tested a week early at 9 DPO and got the word pregnant on a CBD. I was convinced I was pregnant that's why I tested early and I was right x

• Rusty - would you not get your hopes up then that you were not having AF because it was a BFP.... when it could just be your cycle being naughty?

• I was 12 DPO, and it was extremely faint!  I only tested early as we were gong out that night and I wanted to know if I should drink alcohol or not.

• Rusty

I hear you, I REALLY do but so many people test too early and get really disappointed seeing a BFN. Getting your period is less of a blow IMO. 

Plus, tests are much more accurate once your period is actually late and they are so damn expensive. I'd wait. It's just a week. 

I think, for me, if i test at 10dpo and it's a negative it's not really a negative, just a not positive yet. My period is far more absolute, it's a definite negative! I'm not sure how logical that really is, and I know not everyone sees it that way. I'm using ICs anyway that came free with my opks, so no huge outlay.

• First tested at 13dpo on ic and got faint line.

• Spikey thats how I see it too. Not that I agree either way after my 'shadow' lines - I'd love to not be able to test, but I think I build myself up more not doing so. Only use cheapie tests too, I'd not be buying FR to test with regularly put it that way!!

• Blackkat, I didn't realise you were ttcing again.  good luck, hope you get a nice and quick BFP

• Last time I didn't test until about 5 days after my af was late & I dared to think that I actually was pregnant but I was 6 cycles into ttc. For some reason I'm far more impatient this time. The thing with testing early is that if it is negative it's not necessarily a negative. Also if I test at the weekend then my H will be there which would be so much nicer. I think, unless I feel differently then I'll probably test on Sunday (11dpo) then again next Wed when af is actually due.

Thanks chids

• 14dpo for me on an IC and CBD