Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

i don't know what to do with myself (lighthearted)

We've spent the last 4 or 5 days teaching A to sleep in her cot and settle herself after we'd had an awful few weeks of her only sleeping on me and waking a lot at night.

Anyway, i've put her down for a nap and she settled herself, woke after 30 mins (as usual) but seems to be settling herself back down.

What do I do now?? I'm sat on my phone and watching the telly but feel like i should be doing something more productive!

Replies

• Put the kettle on and enjoy a hot of cup of tea while you can!

• Eat chocolate!! :-D

ETA: - With the tea and TV of course.

• I'd read. I never get the chance to read anymore

• I don't drink tea or coffee, but will enjoy my juice lol

She doesn't nap very well during the day, which is why this is such a novelty! She didn't settle back down herself, but with a little help from me she's asleep again and for ober an hour this time..! She rarely goes longer than 30 mins.

Good idea about reading. Think i'm halfway through a book i started before she was born amd haven't picked up since...reckon i'll have to start from the beginning again!

• How did you do it nenas?

• She was asleep for 2.5 hours in the end! She has a bit of a cold though so think she needed the rest. She's never slept that long before lol

• Oh, and I ended up watching This Morning...uninterrupted lol. So rock n roll Laugh

• Bexy... we have been doing pick up/put down and its been going quite well. First day was really tough but she seemed to cotton on pretty quickly and we've made some really good progress!

• That's brilliant nenas.. My little man goes down fine at night but I might try this for morning nap time as its a struggle!