Forum home General Chat General chat

The Mumdrum - Mobile Forums

As most of you know we have recently built a mobile version of The Mumdrum Forums, which a group of regular forum members have been testing for us over the last month.  The feedback has been really positive, so we are now ready to release a Beta version to all our regular members.

If you'd like to try out the mobile version of our forums simply go to: http://mumdrum.com/mobile from your mobile device or tablet.

We are still working on some bug fixes and enhancements, so we would welcome your feedback on the mobile experience, including what works well, what you would improve and any bugs.  If you experience any issues whilst using the mobile site, please can you tell us what device you were using to access the site, including the make and model (eg iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S4 etc.) and if you're able to get a screenshot of the problem that would be really useful.  You can add your feedback below or email me at sarah@mumdrum.com.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all those that have helped with the initial testing, your feedback and suggestions have been really helpful.

Replies

• Looks good, however I would prefer to also see the users name and not just image on the formum main page. Also the sponsor pop up is quite annoying by the amount of times it pops up. I'm viewing from an iPhone 4s

• Hi yoyo - thanks for your feedback.  The mobile site is a cut down version of the main site to fit the mobile format, so I'm afraid from a design perspective it's unlikely that we will be able to add user names to the main forum page.  In order to offer all The Mumdrum services free of charge we obviously need to raise revenue through advertising, however I've made a note of your views on the frequency of the ads.

• Tried it out for the first time today on my iPhone 5 and it was so slow, much slower than the main site.  I also found moving between forums a pain

• Hi Morph - I'm sorry to hear it was so slow.  Were you using a wifi connection or 3G?

• I'll discuss this with my developers to see if there's anything we can do to increase the speed of page loading.

• I was so excited to see this but have been thoroughly underwhelmed as it was pretty much unusable (Galaxy Ace on Wifi)

The sign in bar kept showing across the middle of my screen whenever I scrolled up or down and the Annabel Karmel advert would not go away, i clicked on close but then whenever I scrolled up or down there it was.  I basically couldn't use the forum.  Have had to go and get the laptop out to be able to post this.

• Hi jelly baby - we have successfully tested the mobile forums on the Galaxy S3 and S4 (as well as iPhones, iPads, Motorola tablets etc.) but clearly the Galaxy Ace is viewing the mobile pages differently.  I'll speak with my developers tomorrow and get back to you.

• jelly baby

I was so excited to see this but have been thoroughly underwhelmed as it was pretty much unusable (Galaxy Ace on Wifi)

The sign in bar kept showing across the middle of my screen whenever I scrolled up or down and the Annabel Karmel advert would not go away, i clicked on close but then whenever I scrolled up or down there it was.  I basically couldn't use the forum.  Have had to go and get the laptop out to be able to post this.

Hi Jelly Baby,

Thanks for letting us know that you are experiencing problems using the mobile forums on your Galaxy Ace. Unfortunately for this first launch of mobile forums we are unable to support every generation and device type for mobile, and we are staggering the development to include as many devices as possible.

Your bug has been added to our list and we will aim to resolve this for you as quick as possible.

Thanks,

Aimee

• Thanks.   Mind you, I'm due a new phone at the weekend and was trying to decide to between another Ace or the S3, maybe I should just get the S3 ;-)

• Ok great, if you have any problems with your new phone then please let us know!

Thanks

Aimee
  • I'm also finding the site slower to load on the mobile version. I'm using an iPhone 4 and iPad. The loading bar always gets 'stuck' near to the start of the page loading.

• Hi, I am finding it easier and quicker to reply, and I like that I can stay logged in, much easier than the full site on a mobile.

I would much prefer to see the forum name than the avatar on threads though and miss seeing who the latest post is by and being able to cluck directly on the page number in the thread that I want to go to.

I'm using an iPhone 4S
  • Click not cluck!!
  • DumbleSpud & Lamby - thanks for your feedback.  We will do a full review of all the feedback in a couple of weeks time once everyone has had a chance to try out the mobile site.