Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

New Members - Top tips on how to get started!

Hello & welcome to The Mumdrum! Our Baby Talk Forum is the place to discuss everything pregnancy, birth and baby related. Our community of mums and mums-to-be are an incredibly passionate and supportive bunch, so please jump in!

Here are some top tips for getting started:

- You’ll need to Join The Mumdrum to start posting.

- You can add a Forum Name and Forum Avatar (picture) by going to your Settings and choosing the ‘Forum Settings’ tab.

- Start a new thread to introduce yourself – adding a few details such as your stage of pregnancy or the ages of your children is a great ice-breaker. 

- You can join our Trimester threads to share your experiences with others in a similar position.

- There are no silly questions, so ask away.

- The more you put in, the more you’ll get out – respond to other people’s threads and they’re much more likely to respond to yours.

- If you're thinking of starting a family or are trying for another baby, we also have a Trying to Conceive board.

- And we have an Off Topic board for everything non-baby related.

- Want to know what all those abbreviations are?!  Find out here: Forum Abbreviations

- Please remember this is a public forum, so we don't suggest you add personal details such as your e-mail address.  Read more about our Forum Guidelines.

- And finally, why not take a look at our Real Stories section, all written by members of The Mumdrum community.

Replies

• Don't forget the Off Topic section for all things non-baby related! Big Smile

• I'm sure this has been posted before, but I don't come on much now. MD does not work on my Kindle Fire. Anything I can do to get it to work? It won't let me sign in, and as that's what I tend to browse on these days, I don't frequent these pages much now!

• Hi Zooneycat,

I'm afraid we don't currently support sign-in on a Kindle Fire.  It  is on our development task list but we don't have a target date for it as yet.  I'm sorry I can't be of more help on this one.

• Hi Sarah,

Is there any forum etiquette guidelines that could be made into a sticky?

Ie personals on Tri Threads, thanking people who respond to threads you begin, that kind of thing?

• Hi SaSaSi - we have a set of Forum Guidelines and I'm happy to add a link to this within my opening post, if you feel that would be useful (I'd prefer not to create another sticky as the board is already quite top-heavy with stickies)?

If there are items that you think should be added to the Forum Guidelines please let me know.

Thanks

• Zooneycat

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I don't come on much now. MD does not work on my Kindle Fire. Anything I can do to get it to work? It won't let me sign in, and as that's what I tend to browse on these days, I don't frequent these pages much now!

Hi Zooneycat - just wanted to let you know that the mobile version of The Mumdrum Forums is compatible with the Kindle.

• Hi Sarah, thanks for replying.

I think there should be some etiquette guidelines added - might be worthwhile asking other members for their suggestions on this?

It's simple standard forum user friendly guidelines I would like added:

- if you ask a question be sure to respond to a knowledge the advice & support you have been given

- if partaking in Tri threads ensure you take part in the personals - this is what makes them work. People shouldn't expect support, a sympathetic ear etc if they do not offer it themselves. I am not referring to the occasional 'just dropping in to say hi, no time today' which everyone does on occasion. I'm referring to people who consistently write lengthy paragraphs about themselves whilst never acknowledging others. It's all about give and take - those who constantly take dampen the atmosphere for others.  

• Hi SaSaSi,

I had a chat about etiquette guidelines with the Panels and they completely agreed with your sentiment, but felt that it probably wasn't necessary to formally add them.  

It's great that you've raised it here, as new members will see your suggested guidelines.  I've also added a link to the Forum Guidelines in the opening post.

• Hi

I am new to this forum, I am actually doing this forum thing for the first time. It has been very helpful to talk to other moms. I got a question: how do I do all those nice little pictures or details that I can see at the bottom of most forums replies

Thanks

Andreea

Stick out tongue

• Hi Keanuandy - welcome to The Mumdrum!   If you go to your settings and select the Forum Settings tab, then you can add text and images into your forum signature.