Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Off topic threads

Seeing as OT seems extra quiet these days, what are peoples' opinions to posting OT related threads here on BT? I thought it might help continue the movement of this board, which has been fantastic today. 

Replies

• i think its alright, and i find that sometimes what might start off as OT actually would beenfit the BT board or could do with some input from people here etc, as i find alot of OT'ers dont venture to BT and vice versa.

• I remember when I first started using Hitched years ago, the BT board had a fair few OT threads and it was nice to log on and see loads of topics that I could reply to. There was also the OT board but that was busier than the OT board here.

• It would continue the movement of this board, but then posting on OT would move that board, no?

• I thought that AK, but I've seen numerous attempts to move the OT board and it just doesn't seem to last. I might be wrong but it feels like there's more people over here to comment whereas I always felt OT had fewer people commenting IYKWIM?

• I agree, but posting over there is the only way to get it moving again. Although, TBH, Bringing OT back to life is like flogging a dead horse.

• I also feel like I 'know' more people over here, which I guess makes a difference. Perhaps it's worth a shot and see how it goes?

• Could always cross post.

• I probably sound naive but do people inhabit only one area of the boards? I click on forums and if a title catches my eye I have a look. I kinda assumed it was the same for everyone.

I try and do my bit by posting mindless nonsense! Sometimes people are in the mood and other times I get nothing, but then I don't really know many folk so it's just pot luck for me :)

• That's true but wouldn't that take up time flipping back and forth between boards checking for replies, etc? And maybe get a little repetitive. Just my opinion.

• Do forum over view and see all the boards in one page, then you can comment on what you want too without having to flick between all the boards?

• Could put a link in, to the BT post.

If you cross posted, it'd get you over to OT, and you might find threads there you could reply to.

• I used to pop over to OT and comment/post where I could but never really felt that my comments were really needed and I had a couple of threads not even replied to on a couple of occasions. I guess I just got a bit disheartened with OT.

• Understandable.

I've pretty much given up with it too. It's not getting enough fresh meat over there.

• When I select 'forums' I see all latest posts, so there's no flicking between required. I'm generally on my phone but I get the same view on my desktop and laptop.

• phone doesnt lay out v well on the forum overview, and I CBA to keep flicking boards if I'm honest, I'm pretty busy irl and just flit on when I can. I'd post OT here if others did

• How do I get forum overview? Can't see it for looking.

• Along the bar where it says my mumdrum etc.. if you double cluck on forums I think on that and not go to the drop down menu you will see all the boards posts

• I think we should just have all threads in one place like the good old days lol x
  • I kind of feel a bit afraid to post on the OT board as I'm not sure if I "know" anyone on it so I think this is a good idea x

• MamaD I was about to write exactly this, I feel like a newbie on OT. Happy just to post here :)