Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Recommend me your video monitors

I'm looking for a video monitor but I don't want to pay a lot.

we have an angelcare monitor but H will currently only settle on our bed so we can't use the It. I'd like a video monitor to keep an eye on him on the bed but I've no idea which one so any reccs appreciated 

thaNk you

x

Replies

• We've got the summer infant baby touch. It's great but not cheap. We did buy it in Mothercare and they price matched it though.

• I have a Motorola one which was "half price" in argos. Screen is perhaps a bit small but it does ok for all the time he is alone. It does not give continuous sound monitoring only when it picks up a sound but you can normally see him breathing on the screen.

• We've just got the Motorola too for £45. Does the job fine.

• We also have the summer infant touch and it's great. The screen did go in it after about a year, but they replaced it with no problems. (There's a common fault with the back light in it apparently.) We also have the summer zoom, but it doesn't have talk back, which the touch has. The sound quality is a lot better on the zoom though.

• We've got a Motorola one - think it cost about £80ish. Absolutely worth every penny though - has continual sound, continual screen playback if plugged in, plus talkback. U can also synchronise more than 1 camer with it too, so when O loves into their shared room we can set up 2 cameras for them.