Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Rod

Hey just a wee message to say been thinking of you xx

Replies

• I've been thinking of you too Rod, hope you are doing OK xx

• Hey ladies thanks - How are you Cooper?

I'm alright. I'm just trying to move on. This time was nowhere near the same as last time in many ways. I almost want to forget it happened.

• Hi Rod, glad you're doing ok xxx

• hey Rod

been thinking of you hun x

• Thanks guys, its nice to know people are thinking of me.

I'm still gutted. I dont mean to come across as cold or blasé in my previous reply. I just realise there is nothing I can do. Granted it has only been a week or so, and I have had 2 meltdowns in that time, crying, screaming etc. But I think thats just my way of dealing with it.

I am doing my best to be positive. I just really dont want it to be another 8 months before we fall again. we've been TTC for 15 months now and its getting a bit worrying. The way I'm trying to look at it is this - if I fall pregnant there are two scenarios from which positives can be taken. 1) Third time lucky, all is fine. (this is preferable of course) 2) things dont go fine, but because it will be the third, there will be investigations into why its happening and hopefully any problems can be fixed.

I will be monitored from early on next time which is also reassuring.

It doesnt hurt any less, but its the best I can do right now. I keep telling myself (and others) that at least it wasnt like last time when I went for 3 months thinking everything was fine. At least it was early and my body recognised it soon enough to expel it naturally. And because of that, I almost feel like its better than the ERPC in that my body dealt with it, it wasnt taken away in surgery.

Also, I think I was quite lucky. It seemed to be over fairly quickly and i've had no issues since - it hurt and was distressing but it didnt drag on for weeks on end. Got my BFN at the weekend which I was happy about.

I am gutted obviously, I want nothing more than to start a family of our own with H. And I am scared I may never have my own child. But I think as long as I try and stay positive, then I'm doing the best I can possibly do.

Sorry - bit of an essay!

• You didn't sound cold lovely, I'm glad it was over quickly for you. I'm a big believer in third time lucky and really hope you get a sticky bfp soon. Lots of love xxxx

• Rod, I really admire your attitude. I really hope it is third time lucky for you, I have everything crossed for you xx

• Thanks. Its not always easy but I'm trying.

Christmas is going to be really hard. I should have either had a 3 month old or be 10 weeks pregnant. I will be neither of these. Thats quite sad to think about. x

• Oh Rod :-( big hugs xxxxxx

• Oh Rodders, big hugs.  Wishing you all the best of luck for a smooth and short journey xx