Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sleeping arrangements

Ladies some advice please, O is 8 weeks old and getting a bit long for his moses basket im thinkin in the near future he will need to come out of it. His cotbed is a bit big for our room (obviously if I cant find any other option I will bring it in, id rather adhere to SIDS guidelines than have space). My question is shiuld I buy a crib, are they much bigger than the moses? Or should I buy a travel cot (I need to get one anyway) with a decent matress? Has anyone used a travel cot as a main sleeping place for a long period of time - im thinking it may be 3 months, maybe longer if we keep him in our room longer than 6 months.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• We had E in a crib till she was about 5 1/2 months when she outgrew it. We didn't have room for the cot in our room so I spent 2 weeks sleeping on her bedroom floor! Try looking on eBay for a second hand crib - we got one for about £20 and it was in great condition, I just gave It a good clean and obviously bought a new mattress x

• M was just out of her crib last week at 23 weeks.  she is now in the travel cot with a mattress until i move her

• Thanks ladies, so a crib is worth a look then, any particular recommendations?

mamad- I had visions of myself sleeping on his floor for the next 4 months lol!

morph- will lool at travel cots too, on another note your ticker keeps making me giggle- you must be bigger than a watermelon at 62 weeks haha

• My babies were in the Saplings Katie crib until 8 and 9 months. Worth every penny.

• We moved A out of the moses basket at 5 months and into a travel cot.  Just moved him into a proper cot last week at 8.5 months.  WE didn't have any problems with it.

• Noodle08

morph- will lool at travel cots too, on another note your ticker keeps making me giggle- you must be bigger than a watermelon at 62 weeks haha

could you imagine Eek.  i have no idea how to change it!