Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

smear test when pregnant?

Just had a letter asking me make an appointment for smear test - but presumably I can't when pregnant??

Replies

• No you can't! Same happened to me and I just phoned the surgery to let them know and could they add it to my notes that it is outstanding.

• No, just give them a call and explain. I had the same when pregnant with no. 1!

• No you can't. I mentioned it at my next mw appointment and she noted that I've to have it at 6 week check. The joys!

• WEES, I've been called with each of my pregnancies so have had to delay each time. My GP told me I couldn't go until 12 weeks after the birth because of changes in the cervix settling down.

• I was told the same as Margot, booked in after 12 weeks (even then had odd cells identified). X

• This has worried me now, I had my smear the day before I got my bfp (not knowing I was pregnant), should I be concerned?! Sorry to take over the thread.

• I had a smear when I first got pregnant, it's standard here in Switzerland so it can't be anything to worry about. I then had another at my 6 week check.