Forum home Babies Baby

something other than sheet in a cot?

So my little madam does not sleep for no one's business!  

She has a pocket sprung mattress and a jersey sheet but is there anything else I can put in there to make her more cosy or more snug. Obviously something safe and that doesn't affect her breathing mat? 

I tried a thick blanket tonight but her monitor didn't detect once I had lifted her out the cot so I wouldn't feel safe with that in there

Just trying to think of something as she doesn't em to like being put back in cot onto the hard service of the mattress if that makes sense? I don't want to get rid of the mattress as it cost quite a bit of money. Just trying anything I can at moment  

Replies

• We used a poddlepod and whilst it didn't cure his sleeping problems it did make it slightly better and easier to put him down. Or have you tried warming the  cot sheets with a hot water bottle before lying baby down so it feels a bit more cosy.

• Ps the pod worked with my angelcare sensor monitor just fine.

• When S wouldn't settle in his cot we warmed it through with a hot water bottle. I also slept with the cot sheet before putting it in so he had the smell of me near him and it seemed to do the trick. I also used flannel sheets instead of jersey in the colder months.

• The thick blanket won't have made the monitor not go off on when you took your little one out of the cot. The monitor goes off when it fails to detect movement so it was most probably detecting you moving around on the floor and the vibrations made its way to the sensor mat, resulting in it not going off. I can certainly stop our alarm going off by just walking around near the cot. The thick blanket will actually make it more likely for the alarm to go off whilst your LO is in the cot because the movement vibrations will be slightly more dulled before reaching the sensor pad. Hope this helps you feel more reassured.

• Thanks ladies very helpful. I put a sheepskin blanket in. And the first night she only woke twice. But last night it was every half hour.  Will keep trying x