Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Struggling - CVS tomorrow **frustrated update**

Apologies in advance for the woe-in-me post but I'm struggling a bit today. We're on holiday at the moment but tomorrow drive straight from the hotel to the hospital for our CVS, to see if we can continue with the pregnancy or whether we need to terminate, due to a genetic condition within the family.

Trying to stay relaxed about it, whilst also feeling pretty twitchy - I feel sick still anyway (constantly) and yet also nervous-sick which seems unfair. Just feeling a bit pathetic - I'll take the bloating and the stomach pains and the nausea and the sickness and the exhaustion and the back pain if everything's ok, I just can't bear the thought of having a miscarriage from the procedure tomorrow (low chance - generally 1% risk and only 0.5% risk in this hospital but still a risk) or needing termination in a week's time. It's making me want to hibernate until the results are back and I'm here in this beautiful place on holiday, not even wanting to go outside.

I've been so calm and matter-of-fact about it up until now (we knew we'd go down the CVS route when we started TTC - we opted for this instead of IVF with pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, which had a whole load of other cons that made it unsuitable for us at this stage so I knew I'd have to face this) and I'm a bit believer in 'if it's meant to be' but even so... wibble.

Not sure what the point of this post was, I'm just tearful and anxious and needing to offload!

** Update - Tuesday **

Typically despite all the effort of going for an early scan at 8 weeks to be really accurately dated so that the CVS was done at exactly 11+3 (today, according to dating scan), turns out my original dates were right after all, so I really am only 10+5 today which meant they couldn't do it. I've been booked back in next Monday (11+4) so more waiting. I'm pretty disappointed, not just with the extra waiting, but the timing is bad as I'll not have the results before my 30th birthday celebrations (which had specifically been moved 2 weeks after my birthday so that I would know) AND I'll get the results the same day as starting a new job - talk about stressful Sad

Thank you for all of your support - it means a lot.

Replies

• I'm not sure i have any helpful advice really BUT i wanted to offer a hug and will keep everything crossed for tomorrow. It's only natural you will feel worried but the outcome will atleast take away doubt about the situation IYSWIM. Loads of vibes it goes well.

• Oh Mrs 50's :-(. Big hugs lovely. Like you say, you knew that you would have to face this, but the reality must be quite scary. I've got everyhthing crossed that the tests will show that your baby is happy and healthy so that you can relax and look forwad to meeting him or her in 201 days xxx

• I'm sorry you're having to face this, big hugs x

• Lots of thoughts for you. Whatever we say wont stop you worrying, but also the outcome of the cvs is already decided whether you worry or not. You are right whats meant to br will be.Try and relax tonight, have a nice bath. Lots of good cvs vibes for you! Did you say your sister went through cvs with her children? (May have got that wrong!)

• I don't really have anything constructive to add but i wanted to send you a big Hug and I hope everything goes well for you

• What a thing to have to face.  I hope it all goes as smoothly as can and will look out for your my fat ankles are killing me posts in a few months time x

• its impossible not to worry about this.  We are all here to support you so you do not need to apologies for posting this.  I hope you get the good news you deserve tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm sending you hugs and letting you know I'm thinking about you today and tomorrow.  If you ever need to talk, just message me, no question.

Gxx

• What a scary thing to go through. I really hope you have a healthy little baby in there and it's all good news tomorrow x

• I'm not surprised you are worried, if its any help the actual procedure is fine, so try not to worry about that. Fx for good news and that's one hurdle jumped xx

• I so hope everything goes ok for you. As duck ford said that outcome is already decided so there is nothing you can do.

I know it's not comparable at all in any way to what you are going through and I can't imagine how you must feel, but in my last pregnancy I spent the first 12 weeks worried sick that something would be wrong and didn't allow myself to actually get excited or enjoy the fact I was pregnant until my H got really frustrated with me and said that if there is something wrong we have no way of knowing that until the scan, and worrying wont change the result of that scan. But for now we are currently pregnant and expecting a baby and we should enjoy that feeling even if if is for a short time and make the most of it. And it did make sense and so that is what I have tried to do with this pregnancy. As we all know from the many women on this forum who have recently had losses, none of us who are pregnant know if things are going to be ok or not, and I know what you are dealing with is on a totally different level but for now just be proud that you and your OH have made something wonderful, and if things don't work out you will still know you managed to get pregnant which is a big step to begin with, so it will happen again.

Sorry for rambling, I just can't imagine how you are feeling and as a due date(ish) twin I wanted you to know I am thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that we will be on the second and third tri together x x x

• Thinking of you, nothing else I can say but please know we are all here for you and yu never ever need to apologise for a post. Lots of healthy pregnancy vibes for you, daddy and bump x

• Sending you big huggs that everything will be ok. You know that we're all here for you. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow xxxx

• very understandable. good luck with the proceedure and I hope you get teh results very quickly x

• Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow, hope all is Ok x

• Kiss and best of luck for tomorrow xx

• Nothing anyone says will make you worry any less but wanted to wish you luck tomorrow, really hope all is well

• Really hope tomorrow goes well xxx

• Oh gosh sorry mrs I had no idea it was so soon. Thinking of you lots and praying all goes well.

• bouncing this back up the page for good luck messages. x

• Really hoping everything goes well today! xxx