Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

The Lullaby Trust & The Mumdrum - SIDS Awareness Campaign 14 - 18 Oct 2013

Over the last 25 years, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) - where a baby dies suddenly and unexpectedly and no cause is found - has fallen dramatically, but it is still the number one cause of postnatal mortality in the UK.  To coincide with International Baby Loss Day (Tuesday 15 October) we will be running a joint SIDS awareness campaign with The Lullaby Trust (formerly FSID) next week.  The campaign will include:

- The promotion of The Lullaby Trust's Safe Sleep Guidelines

- The addition of a Loss section to The Mumdrum Real Stories

- A live web chat in the Baby Talk forum (on Thursday 17 October from 12 noon - 1pm) with Jenny Ward, The Lullaby Trust's Head of Advice

- A Lullaby Trust room thermometer giveaway

We hope you will get involved in the live webchat and help us to spread the word about 'Safer Sleep for Babies' by sharing our social media posts.  If you have other ideas of how we can raise awareness of SIDS and The Lullaby Trust's Safer Sleep Guidelines please get in touch by e-mailing me at sarah@mumdrum.com.

Thank you

Replies

• Fantastic to see MD getting involved - considering how long the SIDS guidelines have been in place, an awful lot of people still haven't heard of them or don't understand the reasoning behind them.

• Brilliant. Hopefully this will be interesting and helpful to lots of forum members

• I wondered if we could have the wave if light we did on hitched last year, on Tuesday to mark all of our angels??

• I think the Wave of Light thread is lovely CP. I think it means a lot to so many of us on here too :)

• Cherry Pie, would you like to start a Wave of Light thread on Tuesday at 7pm and we can all contribute to it?

• Glad to hear this is finally getting more publicity. I think the wave of light would be a great reminder to all x

• would it be possible to have a sticky/permanent thread that has a link to the guidelines? I know I would've found this incredibly useful!

• Hi Luna_12 - we will be adding a permanent article on Safe Sleep Guidelines to the Bump to Baby / Baby section.  I'm reluctant to add another sticky thread as it makes the board harder to read, but I could add a link from the Top Tips sticky if you think that would be valuable?

• I think after reading peoples responses on a recent thread it would be a really good idea to have a permanent link, top tips sticky sounds ideal to me :) x