Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ticker musing

Plums aren't normally bigger than limes are they? (11 weeks is a lime, and 12 weeks is a plum.)

Replies

• The whole thing doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe they grow things to weird sizes in America?

• I'm not sure.  They might be longer than limes, but i couldn't be sure. I rarely have limes and plums in the house at the same time to compare them!

• I remember that confusing me too...guess American plums are big, or American limes are small? I just know that I regretted the fruit ticker when I reached pineapple Tongue Tied

• In my mind plums are a bit bigger than limes, but I'm from Canada, so maybe that does say something about the sizes of them in North America, but I don't think I've really seen enough limes and plums here to compare, since I never buy them!

• if you compare the sizes of the fruit to your CRL size at your scan they dont come close either !

• Don't do the fruit ticker! Limes and plums are all well and good, but when you're days away from labour do you want to be reminded about pushing a water melon out?!! Dear god they're huuuge!!

• I had an app that told me one week that baby was 30cm long, which was apparently the size of a tomato?!

I haven't been on here on my laptop for ages and so still have my ticker despite A being 10 days old now, I don't even know what a jackfruit is.