Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wedding outfit that is breastfeeding friendly

My sister is getting married in June. WhoopWhoop! They only got engaged at New Year so it's all a bit quick!
I'm a 'lift my top up, put baby under' type breastfeeder (as opposed to pull top down & get boob out).
I'm not a fashion follower in the slightest. I hate clothes shopping. I live in jeans ....

... I don't know where to even start looking - help!

Replies

• I'm in the same position. My cousin is getting married in six weeks and I have no idea what to wear. I've just ordered a trousers and shirt combo from Next which I hope is suitable!

Dresses just seem out of the question unless breast feeding dresses actually exist...???

• I feel like I should wear a dress and I wanna look nice but can't lift entire thing to feed (!?!?)
  • Subscribing to thread! We've got weddings when Baxter is likely to be 9 weeks, then again 13 weeks. Want to wear a fancy summer dress but doesn't look too practical...

• How about this one, www.isabellaoliver.com/.../bella-nursing-dress-cobalt-blue.htm I know it's pricey but looks lovely!

• I'm in a similar predicament. I saw a really nice skirt in a charity shop last week so I bought that (only £3.20!) and I think I'm going to buy a proper bfing top to go with it plus jacket and new shoes. I usually pull my top down but only works with something stretchy.

• Following. Also have a wedding in June..I am a pull one up, pull one down feeder lol

• Babes with babies has some bf dresses that might be suitable. I'm in an even worse position, I'm a bridesmaid, no dress yet but the bride would like me in the same dress as the others, and baby will be 6-8 weeks, so I need something I can bf in (with my K cup boobies) and that tummy wise doesn't look like I had a baby a few weeks ago. I'm not hugely positive about what we'll find! We're shopping at Easter when I'll be 35 weeks so will be buying without trying on. Wish me luck!

• Ooh SG, proper challenge you've got there, bless ya!