Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

What did you crave?

Replies

• Wow that is a weird craving! well usually i have a very swwet tooth but so far i want savoury foods, the saltier tasting the better, I do get random cravings throught the day where I need that item straight away or my world will end! but nothing weird like sand or sponges (watch this space)

• Won't click on the daily mail link Wink but in general, not really this time - at the very start and then again recently, I've really wanted strongly flavoured things like salt and vinegar crisps or pickles but I think that's more to do with the horrible taste in my mouth rather than a craving as such.

Last time, it was egg mayo sandwiches - a mild craving but I def think it was enough to call a craving.

• Indeed, I cant imagine eating sand or sponges!

I love that comment about you needing the item straight away or your world will end haha!

I think I could deal with Egg mayo sarnie's haha!

It was just a random musing today me and my sister decided what our perfect food craving would be her's was Chocolate, shes terrible for it now! lol mine was a massive cheese burger lol! (I am on a diet so that might be partly to blame for that one lol)

• Like CV, earlier on in my pregnancy it was more about something strong tasting to get rid of the horrid taste in my mouth and I also went for salt and vinegar crisps.

Now, I tend to go for citrus flavoured things - orange ice lollies, jelly fruits, pineapple, that fizzy flavoured water...

The one thing that I will happily walk over hot coals for is chocolate milk though!

• I don't think it's a craving as such, but I'm eating a lot of jacket potatoes. They seem to settle my tummy well.

• Salt and vinegar chipsticks. And garlic bread - one time I ordered a big garlic bread on a pizza base for my dinner, then cried when it arrived with tomato on it too (I don't like it.) H had to drive it back to the pizza shop and explain that the pregnant wife had had a meltdown, and please could they make one without tomato on.Embarrassed

• spikeygoodness

Salt and vinegar chipsticks. And garlic bread - one time I ordered a big garlic bread on a pizza base for my dinner, then cried when it arrived with tomato on it too (I don't like it.) H had to drive it back to the pizza shop and explain that the pregnant wife had had a meltdown, and please could they make one without tomato on.Embarrassed

Laugh Love it!

• KFC, and pickled beetroot with both pregnancies.

• I think I would walk over hot coals for Chocolate milk pregnant or not lol!

OB - Love a JP! Glad it's settling you :)

Lot's of Salt and Vingar cravings!

Sorry but that comment on sending H back to the pizza shop and his explanation is awesome lol!

AK I could totally live with both of those cravings lol!

• I really needed full-fat coke at the beginning of 2nd Tri. Nothing outrageous but one can a day, usually mid-morning. Not sure if it was the sugar, fizz or caffeine or what, but I NEEDED it. I hardly ever drink it, so it seemed a bit random. Nothing else would do. Aside from that, nothing else other than the odd fancy fr chips?

Last time I craved cheese at start of 2nd tri. I could eat my tea and then need a cheese sandwich.

I never went OTT with anything though, just kept it all at what I considered a sensible, normal amount iykwim?

• As above I had a complete tantrum when McDonald's gave me my egg mcmuffin with cheese- I didn't order cheese Laugh I actually cried Eek

First pregnancy it was costa coffee chocolate milk shakes and orange fanta bit ONLY in a can or paper cup..

The second was goats cheese! Nearly every night

• My mum craved Full fat coke with my older sister, she now blames her addiction too full fat coke on her, but really she''s just fussy and when she finds something she likes she sticks too it haha!

Costa coffee milkshakes are lush, and i think orange fanta tastes better in a paper cup lol!

• Haven't had any yet......when should they start??

• Nothing especially. I do buy pineapple by the trolley load but I've always had phases on eating loads of it! The other day I needed a bacon sandwich but I couldn't find anywhere open on the way to work. I may have cried after i tried 4 cafes unsuccessfully. My manager went out and got me one about half nine.

• Missus S

First pregnancy it was costa coffee chocolate milk shakes and orange fanta bit ONLY in a can or paper cup..

Can totally sympathise with this. When I have my chocolate milk, it MUST be in my purple glass and I will ONLY drink it through a straw Smile

• Vimto! My poor H went to about three different supermarkets but couldn't find any so ended up at the corner shop where he got me about ten of those little Vimto lollies, not quite the same but he did his best, poor thing!

• salad and fruit with my first especially pineapple which I don't normally like that much.

With my second I just wanted lots to eat, all the time.

• Chimps Poor H, He did try his hardest to get you some heh!

Very healthy nftfi lol!

• Similar to others

Lots of citrus things: lemonade, orange icelollies, orange capri suns, lemonade mixed with orange and pineapple juice. Then it was kfc's i would have about 3 a week, i think it was the gravy! Now its crisp sandwiches, galaxy caramels and chocolate milkshakes, mainly the frijj choc fudge brownie flavour mmmmm, i might have to go and get one now! Oh and i always insisted on drinking out of a straw for a while too.