Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can I drink Lucozade??

Morning!

Strange question but is it ok to drink Lucozade in pregnancy? I know having too much caffenine is bad but I don't drink tea or coffee and can't seem to get rid of the Lucozade craving at mo! What are your thoughts? x

Replies

• yes i had to hav gtt test at 28 weeks an they make you drink a litre bottle!!! in one go !!!
  • they gave it to me to drink in the hospital to check if i was developing diobeaties (sp) Id say so its fine to drink it but i wouldnt drink it tooooo offten because it is absolutly packed with sugar and that can cause diabeates in pregnancy and make your baby really big! xxx
  • I only ever really drink water or juice but I reckon it's fine, loads of women drink it to help with sickness and some doctors even recommend it for rehydration and energy when you're ill all the time. Too much sugar is linked to diabetes but I'm sure a few glasses a day won't hurt! xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• i want/need some now! i wouldnt worry too much its like everything else moderation moderation moderation.
  • There isn't any caffiene in Lucozade so it's fine. Try not to drink too much though or you could end up the size of a house coz of all the sugar!!
  • Yeah I overheard someone being told to drink some lucozade while I was having my blood taken. They sent her away before her blood was taken. To have some lucozade.

And I have been drinking it too. It makes me feel good. I used to drink it alot as a kid.

So I guess no harm there hunni

Tash+Bump

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev143pps__.png

• Thanks for your replies girls - has helped a lot.

Think I'll not worry too much about it but not drink it to excess! I was reading the ingrediants and it talks about glucose but as bedhead says no caffiene in it so I supoose it's ok. I've been feeling a little queazy the last couple of days and it's helped a lot with that. Just don't seem to fancy and foods at the mo...so am force feeding myself a bit....hopefully it'll pass!

Good luck to all xxx
  • hi i had a bad flu when i was about 16ish weeks and drank 2 big bottles of the stuff a day, really helped since we cant take much else! i was worried about it too, but it helped with sickness etc too and im sure its fine.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

• It's is fine to drink! And it does can caffeine init! Lol course it does! But.. It's not an energy drink! It's a glucose drink!

Lucozade contains the following-

Carbonated water

Glucose syrup

Citric acid

Lactic acid

Flavourings

Preservatives

Caffeine

antioxidant

colour

(I know this coz I have a small bottle in my hand right now)

This does mean it's bad for you.. I'm 30 week's pregnant and craving this! I took a bottle to a midwife appointment with me and she didn't say nothing about it, there is something in the drink that your body clearly needs but don't go over the top.. Drink plenty of water too coz there is a lot of sugar in lucozade, the hospital use lucozade for your glucose tolerance test at 28 week's! They dont give you a hole big bottle lol that's rubbish! They give you a cup full that you will need to drink in less than 5 mins! Well I hope this helps and good luck!
  • I am 13 week pregnant and havng lucozade for energy. Is it okay yo drink it.
  • I'm a diabetic so lucozade is a big NO!! It doesn't contain caffeine but it is a stimulant, it's not advised in pregnancy because it can cause rapid weight gain in the baby if drank in excessive amounts because of the massive amounts of glucose
  • Its safe to drink lucozade during pregnancy. i had drank when i was pregnant.

• I drink two to three bottles 380ml a day is this ok?

• im craving lucozade and they say i can only have one little bottle a day. but its the only thing i drink any idea guys  image please let me know...thanks

• I drank it in my last pregnancy the only thing i could drink and i have been drinking 2 bottles a day in this 1 never did ne or my bump any harm x

• IIm 17 week ive beein drinking quiet alot of lucozade ive the test here 25th may if i stop drinking it now could i avoid geting the diabeties and haveing big baby