Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Breastfeeding health claims questioned

Replies

• Options
    I must admit,I breastfed Tom and not Jc,and yet Tom has eczema.image But look it's the telegraph again!!!!!!!!!!! The ones who just make stuff up!!!!
  • Options

There'll be as many arguments for as against.I bf Bridie,she's the one with not exzema but sensitive skin.Arthur was bf,he was the wheezy chesty one.Oh,Bridie was the obese one too.Matilda's bottle fed,and has a slight intolerance to wheat and dairy.

Don't know about bf protects against ear infections and gastrointestinal diseases.If you leave your baby with a bottle of milk they are possibly at risk of ear infection,if you don't clean sterilise bottles thoroughly baby will get gastrointestinal illnesses.Not a risk with bf cos baby's not left alone to feed them self,and you obviously don't need to worry about washing/sterilising.I think that's part of the reason these are less common in bf babies.

Breastfeedings obviously what humans were designed to do but where that's not possible formula's a pretty good second choice

• Options
    bit worrying?? ah well lolas had breast milk for 8mnths and we switched to bottles this week so gotta be getting it right somewhere!image