Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to conceive after miscarriage.

Hi everyone.

Was wondering if someone could give me some light on what might be happening. 

I found out on the 18th of may that I was 7 week pregnant,( extremely excited!).

Id had it confirmed 2 days later by the doctor, was booked in for a midwife appointment 3 weeks later.

On the 28th may I had a spotting of blood so my partner took me to hospital. 

The nurse informed me I was late on my miscarriage and there was nothing they could do.

They did a pregnancy test & it came back negative but my blood test was still showing positive. 

I started bleeding heavily from the 30th till the 3th of June. 

I have had no bleeding since!.

Me and my partner had the all clear from doctor to try again, but I havnt bleed since.

My normal period always hits me the 19th of every month or day after, normal 28 day cycle usually, never had any problems with my period for years. 

Could I be pregnant again?, do I class that bleed as my miscarriage or a period bleed?

Do I test?  Or just carry on trying and hoping for the best?.

Extremely confused & doctor doesn't seem to shed any light of the situation.

Thanks in advance 

Leah 

Replies

• Hi leahberesford, so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. We wanted to point you in the direction of this long running thread, as all the ladies on it, have sadly experienced something similar to you and they might be able to advise you.

Wishing you lots of luck ttc again in the future, and hope you find that thread helpful.