Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2016

Replies

• Options

Andreag1990- yes they will do a blood test and check your haemoglobin level.

Foods rich in iron are red meat, spinach, some cereals have iron(weetabix etc), broccoli, dates, pomergranate, apricots. Another important factor is that its difficult for the body to absorb iron but having vitamin c makes it easier, so eat iron rich food with a glass of orange juice x

• Options

Hi everyone

how is everyone getting on? I am now 8 weeks 2 days and have been having awful mornimg sickness 24/7 that I have really been struggling with. I know sickness is a promising sign but it's very hard when you're looking after a 3 year old and also an aerobics instructor. Roll on 12 weeks when hopefully I'll feel better. 

Anybody had any scans yet? Xxx

• Options

Hi chelle22 - sorry to hear you're struggling. I'm only 6+4 and finding the nausea really bad - nothing seems to work! I can only imagine how hard it is with a toddler to mind as well!

Have you had your booking in appointment confirmed? Or scan date confirmed?

I'm just waiting to hear about booking in - another few weeks wait methinks!

How's everyone else?

• Options

Hi everyone,

How is everyone getting on? MandyN thanks for your reply. Sorry i havent got back to you sooner. I have felt bloody crappy the last few weeks. I must be the only person who isnt suffereing from morning sickness, no idea how i got away with that (unless of course, its gonna reer its crappy head later). But i have been suffering with terrible cramps, literally no energy at all. I'm lucky that im not working at the moment ( no choice of my own btw, id rather be working) because al i seem to want to do is eat and sleep. Its like having the flu, struggle to roll out of bed at 9am and feel shattered the whole day and crawl back into bed by 10pm. Trying to stay pro-active and make myself do stuff, but its totally frustrating.

Had my first proper midwife apt the other week, went rather well. The lovely doctor also took 5 lovely little tubes of blood (im pretty i wanted those) iff me and did some paper work. So maybe i'll have a scan at some point in the next few weeks..

So is anyone else suffering from terrible indigestion and heartburn, im getting thru gaviscon quicker than the chemist!!! 

Any hope all you lovely ladies and enjoying the cooler temps.. x

• Options

Dont worry your not alone I am right next to you with no sickness but dint want to tell anyone as I dont want to jinx it .. out symptoms seems similar I am too always exhausted I have a trip planned in the next 2 days which means lots of running around and getting stuff done even around the house ... been feeling very off ! Like as of I am sick but I am not and yes having indigestion too ! Sometimes I can get my head around stuff and finish but sometimes even the simplest of tasks seem mammoth . Hopefully my energy will come back as I am a usually active person and its horrible not bein able to do stuff especially when I have so much to do .. 

• Options

I've been feeling the same ladies, saw Dr today who signed me off work with a viral infection ???? maybe get yourselves checked out just in case it more then baby making you feel poorly xx

• Options

Hi Mummy Tortoise and MandyN,

The only thing i can pin my tiredness down to is, simply becoming a baby growing machine.
    As i said no feelings of sickness or nausea, i've gotten a little bit dizzy, but thats just down to low blood sugar. When im chilling out on the sofa (obviously wathcing the tennis) i feel alright, then do some bits and pieces round the house, sort out the washing, feed the plants, then it just suddenly hits me. Its the feeling of recovering from the Flu. You know your over the worst of it, but sometimes it just catches you off guard. 

Ive also been suffering from diarrhea. Its not everyday, abit sporadic. I can go a whole week, then suddely, eeeekkkk need the toilet!  But as they say, its all "hormones".
    So at the moment im about 8-1/2 weeks. I've bought myself 2 bottles of Bio oil, got them off amazon as it saved me £5 and some Burts Bees Mamma bee, tummy rub. So i guess i'll be starting that soon enough. Tried of some hairlarious maternity jeans on at the weekend, gave up and went to M&S and bought a bigger size to accommodate everything.

Anyway Mummy Tortoise, i hope your starting to feel better. You on antibiotics? If so, see if you can have actimel, as it'll help with any tummy problems and will reduce the possibility of thrush.

MandyN off to anywhere nice?

• Options

I highly doubt its a viral as I dont have any other symptoms .. not going anywhere fancy visiting my home country dreading the 10 hour flight .. but will be accompanied with hubby so he takes good care of me ! Its my twin sisters wedding so I am super thrilled and emotional .. teasing her about having a hormonal bridesmaid . 

• Options

I'm sure you'll be fine with the flight, probably uncomfortable tho.

As children we lived in Dubai 1980-1995). My mother was pregnant twice whilst over there and travelled back to the uk every time to have us and within a month went back out again. Funy how the regulations have all changed now. My mom would come back to the UK about 2 weeks before her due date. I'm planning to go out to Cyprus in Oct/Nov the midwife already told me what to expect, but hey its some winter sun.

The wedding will be fantastic... Im pretty sure your sister will be as equally excited to see you as you to attend her wedding. Happy days.. and obviously tearful hormonal ones!! 

• Options

No antibiotics just told to rest & take paracetamol to bring temperature down. I had thought it was because I have a rhesus (excuse spelling!) negative blood group and body was thinking baby a virus but Dr assures me no antiD injection required until second trimester. 

MandyN enjoy the wedding I'm a bridesmaid in August in Greece, going to be very hot! Eek! X

• Options

Hi ladies, announced I was pregnant back on June..im now 9 to 10 wks dr haven't confirm how many wks and babies yet image I found out I was pregnant when I was suppose to be only 3 wks so makes me think it twins since twins run in my family a lot...this weekend had a really bad cold and keep me in bed not having to enjoy my baby 1st birthday...been very fatigue and really bad nauseas, feel really bloated and I cant wear regular clothes no more...i can only eat fruits (strawberry, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, etc.) cant even see no meats or other strong foods, yuck! Thank god cramping is gone but it was really bad for about 3 to 4 weeks thinking I was going to mc...have a dr apt on july 13 hopefully I will get a ultrasound schedule soon. Good luck ladies image

• Options

Hi babyhope16, welcome to the group! Please do let us know how many beans you have in there when you find out!

• Options

Baby hope even I come from a family of many twins .. me being one of them ! .. so everyone is always throwing around the idea of me having twins but I highly doubt and seriously dread it as this is my first .. does any one get first time mom anxiety .. I keep dwindling between being cool and freaking out ! I think its part hormones too .. I also sometimes suddenly feel cold. I just keep telling myself this wont last for long ! Cant believe its going to 1 month since I found out I am pregnant .. it feels much less.. a bit of a tmi question but has any one done 'tthe deed' since they found out they are pregnant ..

• Options

MandyN, goodness me no!!! So not in the mood for such shenanigans 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

. I almost cry if anyone accidentally touches my chest far too tender definitely not in the mood to be touched x
  • Options

Oh I totally understand I was thinking it was only me who felt that way . I am also worried about the baby even though I know its safe ..since its my first I am just trying to be cautious 

• Options

MandyN, well congrats hoping for twins for us lol...and I totally agree on feeling anxiety..I quite fell not my self since I found out im pregnant...but it will pass I know bc I had to babies already...I also get hot flashes all the time my co worker is always complaining that the office cold when I just want my ac at 60 degrees lol...and another thing it sad but I don't even feel like to be with my hubby is just it wont happen is it just me?

• Options

Mommy Tortoise, Im the same lol I tell him please don't even touch me...and last time when I mc on march i had sex with him and the next morning lost baby (sorry tm) don't know and never got confirmed by dr what really happened, i wanted answers..so this time i prefer to wait and im sure they can wait too a little longer lol

• Options

Think it's only natural ladies we feeling maternal not sexy xx

• Options

Just wanted to check in with you all ..will possibly be seeing the midwife tomorrow..it's super early as I am only7weeks but wanted to get the ball rolling as when I come back I'll be 12 weeks and getting appointments are hard and might result in me being late . Don't know what to expect..anyone having cravings ... All I can think of is spicy food 

• Options

Don't worry I went to my first appointment at 4weeks 4 days..mostly for bloodwork and found out im anemic so besides the prenatal Im taking iron pills with orange juice...and im craving for fruits only strawberries, watermelon, mango etc (but with a little bit of salt)???and noooo meats of any kind please...good luck on your appointment! image