Forum home Product Tests Product tests

F&F school uniform product test: the feedback thread

Hello.

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the new F&F school uniform for us as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

You should all have received your uniform by now (if not, it's definitely on its way!) and have had a chance to test it out, put it through a wash – and take a picture of your child wearing it.

So, please can you now give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 4 questions:

1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform? If you're testing trousers, how do you rate the reinforced knees? If you're testing a skirt, how do you rate the permanent pleats? 

2. How did the As New Technology jumper wash – in terms of colour, fit and fabric/hand feel?

3. The uniform you tried cost no more than £15 in total. How does that rate for you on a value-for-money front?

4. What does your child think of the uniform? Please post up your picture of your child in the uniform with your reply (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the Add your reply box).

Everyone who leaves quality feedback on this thread (and is part of our product test) will be put into a draw to win a £100 F&F voucher.

Thank you so much - and good luck!

The Back To School range is available in over 730 Tesco stores, with free returns. It's also available to buy online at F&F.com or by using this Click n Collect service (click online and pop in store to collect). To see the full Back To School range, visit Tesco's School Shop.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/127789_0.jpg

Replies

1. The items all fitted well. My 7yo son has a long body but normal length legs, so the 7-8y trousers were fine and the 8-9 jumper just the right length.  He has a very slim build though, so clothes always look a bit baggy on him in terms of width, but this is the same no matter where we get clothes from or how much we spend on them! The adjustable waist was obviously very useful, and he liked the button detail on the back pocket, it made them feel more ‘grown up’ like Daddy wears.  The reinforced knees are a great idea as my son seems to spend a lot of time playing on his knees and they always ‘go’ there first.  It’s too soon to say how effective the reinforcement is, you should perhaps ask the testers again at half term or Christmas?
    2. I was really impressed with the jumper when I first received it, it felt so soft and looked more expensive than the price label would suggest. After 1 wash it hadn’t started to ‘bobble’ and the deep colour had not faded.
    3. Good value, especially considering the reinforced knees and good quality jumper I received.  The polo shirts and shirts seemed about average compared with, for example, George products from Asda.
    4. My son liked it, especially the trousers, as mentioned above.
      https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/128928.jpg

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129018.jpg

when I first recieved the uniform I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. The jumpers was so soft, the trousers felt lovely, and actually felt like an expensive pair. 

When I washed the uniform I bundled it all into one wash, I thought let's give this uniform a rough ride and put it on a high setting.                                                   Once washed I put them into the tumble dryer. I expected the jumper to be faded  and a twisted,  and the shirts to possibly turn pink. But to my sursprise and pleasure everything came out perfect! I didn't even need to iron it!

The cost of this full uniform is brilliant! It is absolutly fit for purpose. I think what impressed me the most is the red jumper. In past experiences from other retailers red jumpers always look a bit shabby after the first wash (even on a 30). This one however still looks fab. I'm heading to Tesco tomorrow to buy another.

my son also likes the uniform, mainly because it is comfortable and soft on his skin.

thank you F&F for such a brilliant a cost effective uniform!

the picture below is after the uniform was put through its paces in a 90 wash and 20mins in the tumble dryer.

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129085.jpg

My daughter is almost 8 but wears 9-10 thanks to growth spurt....

We received a skirt, blouse, jumper and summer dress, all in 9-10

The skirt was fan, held shape even after washing ( no ironing needed ) and was good length - no undies on show if she bent over or sat cross legged.

The blouse was her favourite, the tailored fit and embroidered design made her feel grown up, it also washed well and needed minimal ironing.

The jumper was genorous fit and so soft, it washed brilliantly holding all colour and shape with no bobbling.

The dress however didn't fit, the zip wouldn't go past the waistband but I asked a friends ( slimmer built ) daughter to do the test run and she was very happy with it although she did say it wouldn't have fit for long...it seemed narrowly cut but the length was fine, it wore well and washed perfectly.

All items were washed at 30 degrees on a normal cycle and line dried.

All in all its great uniform and amazing value for money and I will definitely be buying more to go back to school x 

Thank you tesco !

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129086.jpg

Wearing the jumper with the skirt and blouse, I think the jumper will be bought in a smaller size tho to go back to school but the colour stayed just as bright after the wash !

• Thanks so much for all the great feedback – and lovely pics – so far.

Just to say that we know one or two of you still haven't had their uniform delivered yet – we're so sorry for the delay, and we're working on getting it to you as soon as poss. 

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129202.jpg

All the uniform I received was of really good quality, the jumper was so soft especially compared to the schools jumpers that he usually wears, the shirts, jumpers and polo shirts all fitted lovely, the trousers were a little on the big side especially around the waist even when made smaller with the adjustable buttons, will have to put them away for later on in the year, I will buy a smaller size as they are really nice trousers.

all uniform was washed on a 40 degree wash and all came out looking just as good, also minimal ironing needed.

overall was very impressed with the quality and look of the uniform, I have brought uniform from other supermarkets and the their quality was no where near as good, so will be off to tesco's to pick up some more uniform.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129203.jpg

• We tested the uniform that Tesco's sent us in our garden! My daughter tried on all the items and then spent a few hours running around in the garden recreating school playtime on our slide, Trampoline and climbing frame.

The white shirt we received I have to say was my favorite product out of all of it the fit was fantastic not tight around the arms or in the body leaving my daughter room to move. The length meant that it was easily tucked in to the skirt, it was crisp and clean and the embroidery on the pocket adds a lovely feminine touch to the uniform. After washing and drying there was no greying in colour the fabric was not stiff and the shirt had not shrunk we will definitely be buying more of these bravo Tesco!

The dress was lovely and soft not scratchy or stiff. My daughter loved the matching scrunchy and the pattern around the collar. The fit was good not too baggy or too fitted the length was perfect and came just below my daughters knee. After washing and drying the dress was still a lovely bright red the jersey collar still sat flat and the dress had not creased.

The skirt was my least favorite product but that's not to say that it isn't a good value item! The sizing came up very large on my daughter but thankfully Tesco's have included an adjustable elastic waist. It was also very long on my daughter but then she is shorter then some 6 year old's I would perhaps size down on the skirt for her. The only thing that put me off the skirt is it did seem stiff even after washing the fabric still felt quite stiff and I had hoped it would soften a little but this is probably just personal preference. After washing the pleats were definitely still as they were before hand and there was no creasing to the skirt which is fab for someone like me who hates ironing. During her test  phase my daughter also spilled some blackcurrant juice on the skirt and left a visible mark which washed out fine without any special pre wash treatment so the skirt does seem stain resistant which is a bonus if you have a messy child like mine!

The jumper straight out of the packet felt very soft and the colour was very rich which is great. My daughter tried it on and the sizing I felt was near perfect there was enough room in the body and length in the sleeve to enable it to fit my daughter for a while whilst she grows. My daughter wore it for a few hours and there was no sign of piling in the high wear areas such as under the arms. The jumper was then washed and tumble dried on a normal setting. After washing the colour was still as vibrant as it had been prior to washing and there was no visible bobbling the fabric still felt soft and it did not crease in the dryer. I tried the jumper back on my daughter and the jumper had definitely not shrunk at all which is a winner for getting it dry in the winter months.

Value for money wise I think the pricing is very reasonable! to get a complete outfit that is wearable and of good quality for around £15 is very very good especially as some other high street shops charge more like £9 per item. As a mum who has two children in school uniform its is important to me that the uniform is affordable it is very easy for the bill to mount up but Tesco's have made sure that I stay on budget.

All in all I would score the complete uniform 9.5 out of 10 (Only losing half a mark for the stiffness of the skirt but again I stress this is probably personal preference) for the combined price of all the items the quality of the clothing and the actual fit I'd say we will definitely be going to Tesco's for our uniform this year.

My Daughter gives the uniform two thumbs up! She says that her favorite item is the dress as its pretty and girly but still lets her climb around and have fun.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129218.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129219.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129220.jpg

• I thought the quality of all the uniform was really good. The jumper was soft and a great fit. We were sent age 4-5 uniform, my son is small for his age (5 years) so the trousers were a bit to big around the middle even with the elastic adjuster at it's tightest. The length of the trousers were to long on him (but he'll grow into them). Having just finished his first year in reception his current age 3-4 trousers as JUST getting a little short! The polo shirts felt really good quality and washed really well. Having used Tesco clothing for my son's first year I can vouch for the fact it has washed well, not lost it's shape/trousers lost their creases and I only purchased the original uniform last September and have not had to replace any of it yet.

The reinforced knees on the trousers are a godsend as the amount of times my son falls over in the playground, or off his scooter on the school run if it wasn't for the hard wearing trousers I think we'd be on our 4th or 5th pair!!

I feel this uniform is really good value for money. You can fully kit your child out for school, including PE kit for under £30 (not including shoes). I never get why people would spend lots of money as the supermarket uniforms are just as good in quality, looks and washability than the more expensive competitors....and at the end of the day kids will be kids and if they do damage their uniform or grow out of it then it is cheaper to replace.

My son really like the uniform. He said it was comfy and he could move around freely in it.

Overall would highly recommend.

• I thought the quality of the uniform was great. My son is quite tall for his age, but the trousers (aged 4-5) had plenty of room to grow in to. We also liked the buttons on the side to help adjust the waist size as trousers that fit him in length are usually too big around the waist so it was great we could control this. We went to our allotment while testing the uniform, and he fell over on his knees - although the knees were both filthy, there were no rips and they washed up well.

The jumper washed well and fitted my son well both before and after washing. My son said it was comfy to wear, and I thought it felt nice and soft. 

I thought the value for money was great - especially at the rate we go through trousers! Especially to begin with, I think we will have to get at least 3-4 uniforms as our son manages to get filthy every day, and we dont always have time to do the washing, and at under £15 for the full uniform this is great value.

My son loves the uniform. He cannot wait to start school, and he loved trying it all on!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129254.jpg

• Received age 7-8 uniform for my 6.5 year old son, trousers, polo shirts, shirts and a jumper. Trousers a little long and I pulled the waist in a bit with the adjusters but very much wearable and I usually have him in at least an age 7 so it's what I'd have chosen myself for his age and height so we'd get some wear out of them, everything else fitted really well. He couldn't wait to test out the uniform despite it being the holidays and was a very happy test subject!!

1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform? If you're testing trousers, how do you rate the reinforced knees? If you're testing a skirt, how do you rate the permanent pleats? 

The uniform looks and feels very nice at first, the jumper especially, felt very soft and seemed ideal as it's not overly thick. I'd expect the uniform to keep it's shape well just going by the fabric feel. The polo shirts felt a bit better quality than I remember from previous supermarket buys, the labels all look promising and fabric technology sounds great. The trousers seem quite tough without looking like they were made for a builder, gave them a good tug to see how they felt and was impressed.

2. How did the As New Technology jumper wash – in terms of colour, fit and fabric/hand feel?

My husband actually said to me "aren't you supposed to wash that before you review it?" just as I got our son to put it all back on freshly washed and dried. I had to laugh as he told me it was because it looked new, so I guess the As New technology does exactly what it's supposed to!!

It seemed to fit the same after washing and our son says that the jumper is "the bestest" which is as good as it gets in terms of jumpers!

Great that the uniform looks just as good after washing as sometimes things look a little dull or out of shape if not good quality, gives me faith in the fabric quality!

3. The uniform you tried cost no more than £15 in total. How does that rate for you on a value-for-money front?

Was really impressed with the value for money as I've bought a few items recently elsewhere claiming to be better fabrics or stain proof etc and spent almost the same amount just on a pack of polo shirts, so a full good quality uniform for £15 or under is pretty darned good especially when it promises to be hard wearing too.

4. What does your child think of the uniform?

Apparently the polos are really soft and comfy, the shirts are super smart, the trousers are great and the jumper is the bestest so I'm confident F&F uniform has got a hearty thumbs up from our little tester. 

Outside photo is fresh from the pack uniform, photo by the (half painted) white wall is after washing.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129269.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129270.jpg

• 1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform?

I think the quality of the uniform looks good and looks like everything is made very well. The skirt we received to test wasn't a pleated skirt. I wasn't very impressed with the quality of the belt that came with the skirt. The belt buckle scratched and ruined the belt as soon as I pulled the belt around my daughter's waist. The skirt is very thin though and I don't think it would be very warm during the winter. 

The polo shirt that my daughter tested also felt nice and soft and didn't feel scratchy against my daughter's skin like some polo shirts can do. 

The jumper washed well and felt lovely and soft both before and after washing. My daughter found the sleeves were really long. 

I think £15 for the uniform that we tested is great value for money. 

4. What does your child think of the uniform?

My daughter said that the school uniform she tried on looked really nice and felt soft and comfortable to wear. 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129273.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129274.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129275.jpg

• My son is 7 year old and he is testing out a blue jumper, red t-shirt, white shirt and trouser for aged 8-9.

The quality is great. They should last for a while. The trouser is too long and big on the waist.  It should be okay for the right age.  I have tighten the elastic band and it fit well.

The polo shirt fit him well. After wash, there is no colour run or fade. It still look very good but need a good iron!

The shirt is fit him well too. After wash, the collar still stay in shape and not much of creases.

After wash, it still look in great shape and no colour came off.  It does not feel soft to touch.

This is definitely great value for a set of clothing.

4. What does your child think of the uniform? Please post up your picture of your child in the uniform with your reply (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the Add your reply box).

He said it is alright so far. The materials feel comfy. The collar around the shirt is comfortable (not too tight or loose).

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129276.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129277.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129278.jpg

• My son is 5 and testing out uniform in size 5-6. He received charcoal grey trousers, two white short-sleeved shirts, two maroon polo shirts and a bottle green v-necked jumper.

1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform? If you're testing trousers, how do you rate the reinforced knees? 

The trousers - I was quite surprised by the reinforced knees, I've never seen this feature on uniform before and it's great for a boy who regularly puts holes in his! You can feel where the reinforcement is but not see it in the line of the trouser which I thought was great. The colour of the trousers was a perfect charcoal grey which I always think looks smarter and washes better than black. The adjustable waist is a must on kids trousers so I was pleased to see it here. In addition to this belt loops were a welcome addition as these are often missing on school trousers.

The shirts - these are a soft polycotton mix which were a nice shape and fitted my son well. They washed up well and kept their shape. My son had no difficulty fastening and unfastening the buttons which will make for easier PE lessons.

The polo shirts - I found the fabric on these to be quite thin. If I held it up to the light I could see through them  slightly. This may be due to the darker fabric though, but it did leave me concerned as to how they will stand up to repeated washing and the rigours of the school day. Again they kept their shape well after a wash.

The jumper - lovely colour and the jumper felt really soft. Nothing like the scratchy and itchy school jumpers I remember from my school days. I was surprised to see it was 100% cotton. We received 6-7 in the jumper and it was a good fit, despite my son only being five.

A feature I liked on all of the uniform was the larger label with space to write your child's name.

I was surprised at how well it washed. We've had other items of uniform that look tired after their first wash which is really frustrating when you want your child to look smart. This looked great after a wash with no bobbling and it wasn't out of shape at all.

I was impressed by the price point for this level of quality. I'll definitely buy more from Tesco in future. 

He liked it. His only comment was that the sleeves on the polo shirt weren't long enough and he kept trying to pull them down, he does have quite long arms for his size though. He didn't seem to pull at the collar of the shirt or notice the reinforcing of the knees which I was pleased about.

Photos below.

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129288.jpg

(Firstly I must apologise for the poses but we don't get photographs without this - ever).

These are taken pre washing

E was 8 three weeks ago and generally is an average height and weight so age 7- 8 still fits her. Although I requested age 8 there wasn't dresses, skirts or jumpers available in this size so I received age 9 - 10.

The skirt seemed huge before she put it on but I adjusted the button elastic in the waist and managed to stop it falling down, it was slightly longer than she normally wears but there were no complaints. The polo shirt is an age 8 and that was fine size wise. The jumper didn't look as big as I expected it to and the dress seemed to fit fine, so the sizing must be on the small side.

There were no complaints about any of the items being itchy and she said that everything felt nice. I was impressed with the quality of the skirt and jumper and surprised by the price tickets, they could have easily cost double and it wouldn't have shocked me. The polo shirt was fairly standard in quality as you would buy in any store. I thought the dress felt a bit thin and stiff and didn't have the same quality feel as the skirt and jumper.

E has been at holiday club and is coming home covered in face paint, paint, felt pen and some indeterminable stains on her skin and clothes. All the items coped well being washed with no noticeable change in appearance and no remaining stains. The pleats stayed in the skirt well and it is a bonus that it won't need ironing - no more hunting out straight skirts because of the nightmare trying to make the pleats as neat as they are when they are new. I think the dress will need a few more washes to lose some of the stiffness. I like the style of the dress with the zip up the front rather than buttons.

We will be having a trip to Tesco to buy more of these skirts before school starts, I think the button elastic in the waist is a great idea and helps to give the best fit and hopefully for it to fit for longer. E wears a mixture of polo shirts and blouses and I would definitely consider Tesco for these. The school she attends has a logoed sweatshirt cardigan so it is not necessary to buy jumpers but i wouldn't have any qualms about buying this jumper if it was necessary. We won't need dresses until next year now but I will be heading to Tesco to see if this style is still available.

I consider the items to be excellent value for money and worth travelling to a bigger store that sells clothing to purchase them. Up to now we have bought uniform in Asda as that is our nearest large store but the Tesco items are much better quality.

(I will add post washing pics when I can but she is currently at her Dads)

• Thank you so much for choosing us to test the Tesco uniform We had aged 8-9 for my very tall almost 6 year old.

Our uniform pack consisted on 1 x blue gingham summer dress, 1 x pleated skirt, 1 x short sleeve blouse & 1 x navy v-neck jumper.

I was very impressed with the quality of all 4 items. They all looked much more expensive than the prices shown on the tags. We opted to try on the dress first, which fitted my Daughter beautifully. She was easily able to put it on and do the zip up which can be a struggle some mornings. The fabric itself feels quite thick, and it seems very hard wearing. 

Next we tried on the blouse and skirt and after much twirling around, I managed to get the jumper on her too. I absolutely love the style of the skirt. The adjustable waist meant that I could get the perfect fit, and the pleated style looked really smart. Again it looks and feels to be very good quality and something that would last for a long time. The blouse has some lovely flower shaped buttons which were very appreciated and some detailing on the pocket which made my little one feel very 'grown up!'. The jumper feels quite thin, but perfect for spring/summer. It's very stretchy although seems to keep its shape when pulled.

I washed all of the items together using my usual non-bio washing powder & a splash of fabric softener on a 50 degree wash.
    Everything seemed to wash really well, and I was pleased to see that I could throw it all in the same wash without any worries. The jumper did not shrink or expand and didn't seem to loose any colour at all. It was easy to dry too and needed very minimal ironing if any.

I cannot believe how great these items are considering their prices. I would not hesitate about recommending any of these items to other parents. Tesco have done a fantastic job in making good quality uniform affordable to us Mums and Dads!
    My Daughter had great fun trying on all of her uniform and posing for lots of pics. She even had to co-ordinate her hair styles to match up with her outfits. She can be very fussy when it comes to what she will or will not wear, so unless it gets her seal of approval I can not guarantee she will wear it.  She gave the clothing a big fat 10/10! 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129320.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129321.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129322.jpg

• 1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform? I thought that the uniform looked like it was made from great quality material, At first glance I thought it looked on the large size. My daughter is 4 and received a size 4 -5 skirt, blouse, dress and jumper to try. The skirt with the waist adjusted to the smallest setting fit her but she complained that the bits inside dug into her waist and she was left with red marks, I did think that the skirt was too big for her especially in length and I would go for a smaller size I think. The material stayed lovely and bright after washing and the pleats remained in.

2. How did the As New Technology jumper wash – in terms of colour, fit and fabric/hand feel? The jumper washed lovely as though it had been hand washed and remained bright and soft to the touch.

3. The uniform you tried cost no more than £15 in total. How does that rate for you on a value-for-money front? I think £15 is great value in terms of the quality and what you get for your money. Other than the skirt everything fit great and looked great

4. What does your child think of the uniform? My daughter loved the uniform and was really proud to be wearing it, as she is about to start school it made her very excited and she didn't want to take it off.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129326.jpg

• 1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform?If you're testing a skirt, how do you rate the permanent pleats?
    I'm surprised at how good the quality of this uniform is - especially at this price! The skirt was a little on the generous and length size for my 6 year old (she was wearing a 5/6 skirt) but it was durable and felt a weighty fabric. After a good 50degree wash there was no knocking those pleats out - they are there to stay!
    I did find the summer dress a little wrinkly after its wash though and that it would need an iron which was rather disappointing as i loath ironing and really can't be bothered to do it weekly!

2. How did the As New Technology jumper wash – in terms of colour, fit and fabric/hand
    It was great - i thought the red jumper would run for sure in the wash but it really didn't and it felt soft and lovely. Really comfy.

It really is amazing value for money - i've often opted for M&S uniforms in the past but will most deifnitely be buying just Tesco's from now on. It's so affordable, there's really no excuse for your kids not to be well turned out for school!

She loved it. She loved the skirt, the blouse with it's pretty little flower buttons was a lovely touch, and the zip up summer dress (easier than buttons, especially after PR) was just great. Top marks!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129328.jpg

• Thank you so much for your amazing feedback – and wonderful pics!

We'll just keep the thread open a little longer, to allow a few stragglers (who received their uniform later than the rest of you) to finish their testing and post their feedback.

And then we'll announce the winner of the £100 F&F voucher. Fingers crossed for you all!

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129454.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129455.jpg

Thanks for choosing us to test the Tesco School uniform! I have to be honest and admit that I usually buy my Son's uniform from a different shop, as I thought the quality was better..how wrong was I?! Firstly, everything fitted well..my Son is a very slim 9 year old and we always have to use the waist adjusters on any trousers we buy..but the length was perfect. The trousers are made of quality, thick material and have easily survived his football antics in the garden. My Son loved the fact they have a back pocket..I'm not sure what he's planning on putting in it yet though! They washed up really well on a 40 wash and were line dried and still look as good as new..there was also no need to iron them as they didn't crease up which was fab!

The jumper quality really impressed me,  it's incredibly soft and looks so smart. Again, the fit was perfect in both the arms and length. Unfortunately my Son has to wear a mandatory School jumper with a logo,but given the choice I would not hesitate to buy this jumper. I'm unsure how warm it would be in the Winter months, but feel it would be perfect for Spring and Autumn term. It was also washed at 40, and line dried and came out perfectly each time, I was expecting some bobbling but there has been none as of yet.

The shirts are also of great quality. My Son only wears polo shirts as his uniform, and these were as good as others I buy. I do struggle to keep them looking white, but this is a problem I have with all School shirts! Fit and comfort were spot on, and they kept their shape well on a hot wash. 

My Son found the button up/collared shirt's a little uncomfortable, but I think that is because he is not used to wearing them. They need very little ironing after washing which is a bonus for busy Mum's! Again, I think they start to 'grey' after a few washes. The fit was good, the collar was not too tight around my Son's neck, and the arms and body were perfect length. 

Overall, we were incredibly impressed with the quality and design of Tesco's uniform, and it gets a big thumbs up from my Son. £15 for the entire uniform is an absolute bargain, and I will be buying more trousers and polo shirts before my Son returns to School in September.

• 1. What do you think of the quality , fit and feel of the uniform? If you're testing trousers, how do you rate the reinforced knees? If you're testing a skirt, how do you rate the permanent pleats? 

The quality of the skirt was at least as good as much higher priced versions that I have purchased from more expensive retailers in the past.  The fit was good and it continued to look smart after my daughter had been playing in it.  The pleats stayed in place after washing and tumble drying and the skirt did not need ironing.  She was particularly impressed with the school dress.  It was a nice length and a comfortable fit.  The fit was slightly more generous that other uniforms that we have used.  This also washed well and was able to be worn without ironing.

The jumper washed very well.  It fitted well and felt very soft.  My daughter usually wears a school sweatshirt so I have nothing to compare it to but I was impressed with the quality and that I did not have to iron it.

This is excellent value for money.  It is approximately half the price that I spent on similar items last year.  Judging by the appearance after one wash it seems to be of similar quality.

My daughter really likes the uniform, particularly the dress, the blouse and the skirt.  She loved trying it out and posing for the photos and played in it all day.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129461.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129462.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129463.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129464.jpg