Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Pregnant woman, told by cafe she can't use their loo, sparks big 'wee' debate

Replies

• I'm pregnant with twins and unfortunately have to stand with the business. She has not automatic right to use the toilet just like there is no automatic right to give up your seat for the elderly disabled or pregnant. It's common courtesy and compassionw high is so lacking these days. However the fact her husband then went on about do you know she is pregnant and went further to comment on Facebook smacks of entitlement.
  • I guess the business has the right to refuse. But it's only decency and common courtesy to allow a pregnant lady to use the toilet. I do understand why the husband got irritated, because they do get protective of their wife when she is in such a delicate state. The owner should have explained to the husband right then and there why they have such a policy and that could have avoided a whole lot of heartache for both parties. I've never really been refused the use of a toilet, everybody is actually much nicer when you're pregnant. I've even been offered free fresh produce, free dessert at my favorite restaurant. I feel embarrassed to accept, the only thing that I really accepted for free related to pregnancy were free tests from ttckit.com.
  • I am 7 months pregnant and seriously I think this silly. We are pregnant ladies we don't deserve special treatment. If we aren't paying customers why should we expect to be allowed to use the bathroom? We are no more important than anyone else.
  • I'm pregnant with twins and unfortunately have to stand with the business. She has not automatic right to use the toilet just like there is no automatic right to give up your seat for the elderly disabled or pregnant. It's common courtesy and compassionw high is so lacking these days. However the fact her husband then went on about do you know she is pregnant and went further to comment on Facebook smacks of entitlement.