Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Sleep secrets every mum should know

Replies

• Hi I have a 3 month old son and I am wondering if I apply these methods and put him to sleep at 7 dream feed at 11 will I have to feed him when he wakes between 11pm and 7 am or will I just do the controlled methods to get him back to sleep? And if I do the controlled methods and he finally goes to sleep and just sleeps for half and hour do I just begin the process again? Thanks Louise x
  • Hi any advice appreciated i have a now 18 week old boy healthy happy in every way he was sleeping upto 12 hours happily a night but this last 10 nights have been literal murder hes unsettledwakes up screaming and crying almost every hour after being put down and as soon as night time comes around 5-6 pm hes wide awake and i mean WIDE awake :( its really really upsetting and tiring i dont know what to do
  • Hi .I have a 9 month old who's had sleep issues for so long, ie since 4 months old. Had sleep training at home with a baby whisperer but still waking almost every 2 hours even with 2 dream feeds, at 10.30am and 3.30am. I really need him to sleep and settle , the dream feeds are affecting his solid intake too... help
  • My little boy is 15 weeks never been a brillabt sleeper but would sleep 4 hours at a time but now only sleeping 2 hours at a push. He goes to bed the same time every night no bother at all. Sleepy but not a sleep. Wondering you got any advice
  • Hi

My LG is 10 Months old and isbhaoky with daddy but always wants me at bedtime

The last part where she is having a red in her room, she cries so much for me.

She also keeps waking at 5.30 every morning!! I bring her into our bed and sometimes she sleeps for another hour but we don’t....

Don’t know what to do
  • Hi I have a 3 month old son and I am wondering if I apply these methods and put him to sleep at 7 dream feed at 11 will I have to feed him when he wakes between 11pm and 7 am or will I just do the controlled methods to get him back to sleep? And if I do the controlled methods and he finally goes to sleep and just sleeps for half and hour do I just begin the process again? Thanks Louise x
  • This is all well and good but my 12 week old will categorically not sleep for more than 1/2 hour between 7-11pm. At 11 she basically collapses and this is even if she has had plenty of daytime naps and we have done the ‘routine’ of feed, bath, cuddles, song and bed. All is well until we put her down. Help!
  • Also, we have to hold our baby upright after every feed due to reflux. How are we supposed to train her not to fall asleep in our arms?
  • This article cherry picks sleep advice and shows what a best scenario would look like not reality. Jo clearly doesn’t have children.
  • I'm going to give this a try with my 4 month old. She is sleeping most the night 730/8pm-6/7am but we are cosleeping and she eats sometimes 3 times through the night. But that is more of me offering dream eats because I didn't know to do one around 11pm.
    I'm going to optimistically try this and use our cosleeper basinette to try to get her prepared for when we sleep train her in her room in a couple months. Definitely going to establish a night time routine at night in her room to associate a good feeling with her room. Thank you! Hopeful this will work with consistency and a strong effort on our part.

Should I offer bottle feds at bedtime and for dream eat to possibly help?