Forum home General Chat General chat

Join us (and thousands of others) in a Wave of Light for Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Hello

Today is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day (the last day of Baby Loss Awareness Week) and we want to ask you to join us in taking part in the global Wave of Light – to remember all the babies who have died during pregnancy or during, at or after birth.

The idea is that all us light a – real or virtual – candle at 7pm and, if it's a real one, leave it burning for at least 1 hour.

The amazing folks behind Baby Loss Awareness Week hope that, by doing this, we will be uniting with others across the world in honour of those babies who lit up their parents' lives for such a short time.

We know there are, sadly, many MFM Chat regulars who've lost a baby and we know how much today – and the Wave of Light – means to them.

But, whether you've been affected by baby loss or not, we hope you'll join us by posting your own virtual *candle* on this thread. 

You can do this at 7pm or, if that's not a good time for you, please just post your *candle* when you can.

Thank you!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/133673.jpg

Replies

• *candle*

this is a lovely idea

• I lost my pregnancy last year, October 3rd 2014, I was 13 weeks with twins, n they just stopped growing and hearts stopped beating, the docotor could not explain why, I went 3 weeks and my body would not naturall miscarry so I had to have a D&C, dh and I have finally decided to keep trying 

• Oh, we're so sorry for your loss, Tbug.

*candle* *candle* for your twins.

• Thank you, hoping this is our month, we are currently TTC, and am in that two week wait stage, hoping for a bfp and that this one sticks, I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, but the last year was an emotional roller coaster, but dh n I are ready to have one baking in the oven ;-) 

• I lost my baby on the 26th June 2015 and 16 weeks with a little girl. My baby had exomphalos which is where the insides of the baby were growing on the outside, she also had body stalk anomaly. Me and my OH are now trying again. xx

• I had early miscarriages prior to conceiving both my son and daughter. I then had a missed miscarriage Oct 2013 (found out at 8 weeks that baby had stopped developing around 6 weeks but waited until 11 weeks for nature to take its course but ended up with d&c).

I like to think of these lost babies as my little 'dress rehearsals' who allowed me to have been blessed with the wonderful children I have (and am now carrying).

I shall light my candle for the babies who were known all too briefly xx

• I had two mc's at 6 weeks in 2012 and 2013 and a mmc in June 2015 i was a week away from my 12 week scan when i started to bleed and was told our baby's heart had stopped at 8+5 i passed our baby naturally on 06/06/2015 at home with no pain relief i am now convinced i cannot carry girls as i gave birth to my DS in December 2014 and currently 6+1 pregnant and praying this one sticks our love and thoughts going out to all who have lost their little angels xx

• *candle* for your baby girl, amy17.

*candles* for all your lost babies, sunny5

*candle* *candle* *candle* for your lost 3, NicNac88

Thank you all so much for sharing.

• *candle* for the babies I have lost. Always a place in my heart.

• *cande* for you Leah Cowan2-159253.

That's beautiful NicNac88 - wishing you the stickiest bean.

• Thank you Danielle xx

• image Thank you Danielle

Thank you x

• *candle* sunny5. Much love x