Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Little Tikes Lil' Ocean Explorers Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle: the feedback thread

Hello.

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Little Tikes Lil' Ocean Explorers Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle for us as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

You should all have received your Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle by now, and have had a chance to test it out – and take a picture of your child playing with it.

So, please can you now give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 4 questions:

1. What did you think of the toy when you received it?

2. Did your child enjoy playing with it? Please post up the picture(s) of your child playing with it (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

3. What do you and your child like most about the Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle?

4. Would you recommend it to a friend?

Everyone who leaves quality feedback on this thread (and is part of our product test) will be put into a draw (with those who leave quality feedback on the other Little Tikes Lil' Ocean Explorers product test thread) to win a bundle of the other 7 toys in the Lil' Ocean Explorers range.

Thank you so much - and good luck!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134755.jpg

The Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle (from 6 months), pictured above, £16.99, is shape-sorter with a difference: when your baby’s ready to crawl, the turtle will lead the way, zig zagging along to music and then popping all the blocks out of his shell, so you can play the game again.

Replies

• I received an email saying I'd been chosen and asking for my address. I replied swiftly but never heard anything since.  Should I of ??

• I'm not sure, Purple Star. But I can find out for you. Hang on just a sec!

• Hello again, Purple Star. You have mail!

• Thanks Helen. It arrived just now :) Need to buy some batteries but will report back soon! 

• Firstly, I wanted to thank you for the opportunity given to test this lovely toy. 

I was so excited when The Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle was delivered. It looks really sturdy(that's important when a baby plays with it!) and the colours are appealing.

At the beginning I was concerned about the songs and noises that it does, as my little one has a different musical shape sorter that scares him and he cries each time we try to play with it. I was so happy that this was not the case with The Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle! He instantly started smiling and giggling! The shapes are perfect for those little hands. The volume on the songs is just right. 

My baby boy played with it quite a while, and he did not get bored. I think it is because there are so many things you can do with it. He even chose to follow The Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle instead of daddy! (1-0 for the turtle, sorry daddy!)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134937_0.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134938.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134939.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134940_0.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134942_0.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/134943_0.jpg

My little one loves it when the turtle releases the shapes! That is when he laughs! I love the fact that it helps him crawling by leading the way, babies and children always learn easier when they play! 

I would definitely recommend it to my friends (in fact, I already did!). The price is really good for the amount of things it can help learning your little one. 

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to test it. It became one of our favourite toys and I think it will be so for a long time. 

imageimageimageimageimage

Good evening to you. Thank you for letting us try out this fun toy.

My initial thought when opening the box was how colourful, sturdy and fun the toy looked. I was intrigued to see the quality of the toy once it started moving along.

my daughter absolutely loved playing with it, the noises and sounds really excited her, especially when the turtle pops his shapes off. Definatley the best bit of the toy, even my 3 year old found that bit hilarious!( she also loved playing with the turtle)

My 16 month old spent the afternoon scooting around the house after the turtle, and was very, very intrigued with it moving on its own. I did wonder if it was a bit young for her, but say have to say it wasnt. It's a great toy to keep little ones amused.

The turtle popping his shapes made us laugh the most! It was the anticipation of the shapes flying off, which had all 3 of us laughing. I would definately recommend to a friend and have already thought it would be great for some friends babies as presents.

thanks again for the opportunity.

• Thank you so much for the opportunity to review the crawl n pop turtle! We received him the other day but waited for Sunday (family day to in package him and play!

When the toy arrived we was all very excited, my three year old son helped me unpackage it! He was instantly excited as we have a pet tortoise! My 6 month old daughter was instantly drawn to it, I'm guessing it was the lovely bright colours that made her beam with a smile

From a parents point of view the toy was packaged nicely. The way it's packaged means you can easily view the toy and see the quality of it. I would see it in a shop and be instantly encouraged to buy it as you don't need to imagine what it is like inside the box. The colours are bright and vivid! Getting the toy out of the packaging was a bit of a mission and it took us a little while to hunt out a screw driver to pop the batteries in, but we got there in the end!

2. Did your child enjoy playing with it? Please post up the picture(s) of your child playing with it (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

In all honesty I think my 6 month old daughter is probably a little too young for it as she isn't really that mobile. She enjoyed the turtle coming towards her. This was clearly evident by the massive smile on her face as it whizzed towards her legs!

Her big brother played with her, pushing the button on the top to move the toy towards her. In fact my three year old son loved playing with it! He enjoyed telling my daughter the different shapes and what colours they were and genuinely jumped with surprise when the shapes popped out of the turtle!

I can definitely envisage over the next few months this being a toy which the children play with together!! I can see when my daughter begins to crawl that she really will enjoy chasing after the toy, it definitely has an educational benefit too, developing knowledge of shape and colours!! Not only did we place the shapes into the turtle but we also used the shapes to build towers! My daughter loved the music element to the toy, I loved that you could turn the sound down using the settings on the bottom of the toy! 

I think that it is a toy that will grow with the child! And that it's a toy that more than one child can play at once! We was particularly impressed that it worked on our living room rug, many toys of this nature don't work well unless on an non-carpeted surface. 

4. Would you recommend it to a friend?

Yes I would! I would also consider buying this for other children for birthdays and Christmas! It is fantastic quality and good value. 

• imageimageimage

Hi :) my son nico just product tested the crawl and pop turtle by little tykes when I received the crawl and pop turtle I thought it looked fun with bright colours and easy to operate my son nico really enjoyed playing with it he was full of laughter when he heard the music when it started moving and it prompted him to attempt to crawl he's never crawled before and the bright colours attracted him to pick up the shapes and he was putting them in his mouth and working out where they go it's very good for helping with hand and eye coordination and fine motor skills development and excellent to help with crawling :) the thing I like most about it is it's seaside themed and this was my sons great grandfathers favourite place to be he never got to take nico but when nicos older I can tell him these toys are themed on the place his great grandad loved to be and show him photos of his great grandad at the seaside and explain the different seaside creatures with these toys if I won all the others and nico liked the bright colours and sounds the most he is always looking at it and trying to grab the shapes and crawl towards it :)   I would recommend this to all my friends with babies age 6 months and over :) thank you for the opportunity to product test this and review it my son absolutley loves playing with it :) image

• Hi, thanks very much for choosing us to test the little tikes crawl and pop turtle. We had a great time playing with it this afternoon, and here is our review and pictures to go with it.

The toy looked great, a really cute character, lovely colours, not to bright but very appealing to young children. It was very well packaged and very easy to get going straight away. I thought it was a great size, nice and sturdy and chunky, perfect for babies wandering hands and the tendency to put everything in their months. I would definitely be drawn to the turtle on a shelf in a shop and would have been intrigued as to what the toy actually did. Great first impression all round with us, 6 month old little boy loved the look of it and my three year old girl couldn't wait to get playing with it.

2.Did your child enjoy playing with it?

My 6 month old isn't mobile yet but is happy on his tummy and sitting unaided. At this stage he simply loved picking up the shapes and moving them around from hand to hand. As usual he also liked to chomp on the shapes also, but this was fine as the shapes were soft and very chunky so posed no safety risk. He was also really drawn to the turtle itself and was trying to cuddle it!! It was a little big for him to pick up.  

imageimage

Once I got the turtle to move he started laughing, he liked the noise and the way it moved, but because he isn't mobile it moved to quickly for him. However his 3 year old sister loved it, and just shows the longevity in this toy, she chased it around the living room quickly replacing the shapes in anticipation of the next boing and all the shapes jumping out!!!!! She laughed and laughed this morning.

So a great shape sorter for 6-9 months, will definitely encourage my little one to get moving when he is a little bigger,   I can see him on all fours chasing it around the living room.

We also loved  playing with it together, my eldest enjoyed telling my little boy the colours and shapes and helping him put them in the correct place, so a great learning tool to.

All in all very much enjoyed by both kids.

3.what did you like best about this toy?

Me - that it will grow and develop with my child and will keep them interested and playing for a long time over a large age range. Also that it got both children playing together and was entertaining for both of them.

My 6 month old loved the colours and shapes. 

My 3 year old loved the popping function.

4. Would you recommend to friend?

Yes definitely,  I thought it was a great toy, great value for money and something different than alot of toys for sale. I would most definitely buy it myself as a gift for others.

We all loved it 

• Thank you so much for the opportunity to test the Pop and crawl turtle.

When it arrived it was a lot different to what I expected. It looked very study, the colours weren't dull they were very attracting.  It was very well packaged and easy to get out of the packaging.  I have found some toys a bit harder to get out.

My little one loved playing with it and although she is only 6 months she seemed to love the sounds and the shapes.  She seemed to love grabbing for the shapes.  As she isn't mobile at the moment it was good to see her watching it move about and looking like she wanted to move with it.

She loved the music most, im sure she will love following it around when she is mobile.

I would definitely recommend it to a friend, the pieces are nicely sized so no risk of swallowing, the sounds are a perfect volume and on a whole the turtle is her favourite. 

(I cant currently upload a picture as my data on my phone has run out, as soon as I have some I will upload pictures)

Thank you again xxx

• 1. What did you think of the toy when you received it?

I thought it was a great size for the money. Some of the bigger toys tend to be a lot more money. I was pleased with how sturdy it looked and how colourful it was. Unfortunately the yellow circle doesn’t click in properly like the other shapes so this one falls out occasionally. I thought the packaging looked great as you can see exactly what you’re getting – took me a while to get it out though

2.  Did your child enjoy playing with it? Please post up the picture(s) of your child playing with it (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

Maddie loved to touch the turtle and to play with the shapes. Unfortunately she cried when we turned it on and tried to play with it. After some trial and error I discovered that it was when the turtle finished – she doesn’t seem to like when it clicks and throws the shapes out (I was so convinced this would be her favourite part too!). We have another toy that plays music and moves and she loves that one so I’m not sure what’s wrong. When it is off she loves playing with the turtle though so this is when I took some pictures.

imageimageimage

3.  What do you and your child like most about the Crawl 'n' Pop Turtle?

Maddie loves playing with the shapes and she loves putting them in her mouth. The shapes are a good size as she can hold them but they aren’t small enough that it is unsafe for her to put them in her mouth. I was really pleased that the turtle moved so well on the carpet – lots of her other toys get stuck and can’t move. I also like the zig-zag movement as it’s more interesting than your average toy. It’s great that the toy covers such a variety of ages too.

4.  Would you recommend it to a friend?

I like the product (even if Maddie wasn’t so sure!) and would recommend it to friends and family. I imagine for most babies it’s great fun. I love the different and educational elements to it and can only hope Maddie will grow to love it! I have tried it on a few different occasions to see if she will get used to it but no luck so far!

Thank you for the opportunity to test the Crawl ‘n’ Pop Turtle!

• Purple star review

When I first got the toy I thought it looked colourful and interesting.  However I then tried opening it and realised it was extremely over packaged and had to spend quite some time getting all the vacuum packed plastic and various ties holding it to box off!

2. Did your child enjoy playing with it?

Unfortunately unlike everyone else on here my 15 month old daughter was terrified of the turtle.  She was fine when it walked but every time the shapes popped out she burst into tears and ran back to myself or her dad. We tried multiple times with the turtle but the reaction was the same each time!

My daughter has enjoyed playing with the shapes outside of the turtle and posts them in and out of a shape box she has. She'll also pat the turtle as long as it's not turned on.

4. Would you recommend it to a friend?

Personally I wouldn't recommend it to a friend as I found the shapes (especially the circle) don't stay in the turtle properly and frequently fall out. It also seems to continue walking forward for a very long time and mostly ended up jammed on a wall or sofa in our average sized lounge. Most of all though seeing my daughters reaction obviously would make me dubious about recommending to others!

imageimageimage

• Hi, thank you so much for allowing Lucas and I to try out the crawl 'n' pop turtle!

We weren't in when it arrived but a neighbour popped it in just before Lucas went to bed. He was so excited and trying to get it off me before I opened it. My first thoughts were on the price, it looks worth a lot more. It's such a sturdy bright toy and it's a really good size too.

Lucas really enjoys playing with it and initially he was in hysterics when the shapes popped out. He now takes the shapes off, pushes the button and holds it so it can't go anywhere! Haha

I like best that the toy is very sturdy, he can be quite rough and lifts it and sometimes drops it and it seems very indestructible. He likes best when it moves and (it can get him away from anything he's not meant to be near) as soon as he sees it in action he's off to get it.

I would recommend this to a friend and will take it when we go visiting as its a great toy to interact with your child. It's not the best for him to play alone with as he's only 9 months old and I find the bits where you put the shapes aren't very deep. If I could change anything I'd also make the toy redirect when it came in to contact with things like walls, the couch, tables so it wouldn't stop but as I said it's something I play with him so I always move it quickly.

Overall it's a fantastic toy and I'm glad we got the chance to try it out. Xximageimageimageimage

• All these little ones are soooo cute ☺️ xx

• When is this due to close?

• Hi Essie86. Thanks for your question – and thank you everyone for your great feedback! We're just waiting for one or two stragglers to post their feedback and then we'll announce the winner of the toy bundle. Shouldn't be long now!

• Thanks for your patience everyone - and thanks again for all your feedback.

Now that all the feedback for both Little Tikes product tests is in, we've put all the names of all the testers – so that you lot and the others on the Lil' Ocean Explorers 3-in-1 Ocean Adventure Course product test thread – into a hat to draw the winner of the amazing bundle of all the other 7 toys in the Lil' Ocean Explorers range.

And (drum roll), the winner is... 3054. Congrats! We'll be in touch to arrange delivery of your prize.

Sorry that you can't all win but please do look out for our next product tests. We really do value all your testing and feedback!