Forum home General Chat General chat

Cake!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/cake%21%21%21.JPG

i finally made lollys birthday cake for the family meal tomorrow!

Replies

• Well done,that's really good.image
  • That is really good-just a pity its gonna get eaten!  Its very impressive-how long did it take you?
  • roo did the sponge as i always do it all so he wanted some credit, decorating took about half hour! without the time i took dyeing the icing for the letters and castle.

i made pink buttercream for the middle so it looked nice cut too!

I do cheat a bit and buy the ready rolled white icing, still a bit tricky getting it flat all over!

thanks for the nice comments! image

• what a beautiful birthday cake image
  • Wish I lived nearer to pinch a sliceimage I see a cottage industry growing from this cake making Lau!!!!
  • its a yummy cake, im enjoying whats left now!

id love to make a business of it, but i find it soooo stressfull, im a complete perfectionist and couldnt handle the pressure of it being for someone else!

• It is so worth the effort.That looks professional.I always buy the ready roll too.

I have to do a cake Sunday for Whirly,but it won't be that fancy.She's just asked for pink

• ah thats sweet! happy birthday for then whirly xxx

ready rolled is the best invention, jacks cake was a rectangle and i could only find round ready rolled so had to roll a block of icing out, worst job in the world! well maybe second worst to dying the blooming stuff!

• Aww Tom asked for a pink cake too!!!!!

I'm thinking little fairy cake size with pink butter cream on top???

• my friend did a stack of fairy cakes for a birthday cake, it looked brilliant! x