Forum home General Chat General chat

All parents should have parenting lessons, says prime minister David Cameron. Agree or not?

Hello

We've just seen that prime minister David Cameron has suggested that all parents should attend classes on how to discipline their children.

He's also said his government has plans for a parenting-classes voucher scheme that will enable all parents to attend classes of this sort.

"Children don’t come with a manual," the prime minister said. "Is it right that all of us get so little guidance? And what about later on, when it comes to play, communication, behaviour and discipline? We all need more help with this – the most important job we’ll ever have. So I believe we now need to think about how to make it normal to attend parenting classes."

What do you think about all this? 

Do you think the prime minister is right? Or not? Is it a good idea to give us vouchers for parenting classes? Would you go to one?

Please do let us know what you think about this one. We'd love to hear your views.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/141770.jpg

Replies

• I don't know about this. I'd like more help and tips on dealing with my toddler but I don't know that I'd go to classes to get them.