Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Delayed developmently

Hi am new to all this online chat stuff, my kids are aged 13yr old, 11 yrs old and 14 months. My daughter was born at 36 weeks by emergency c section with a Dupleix kidney which cause some concerns for her health. I've tried talking to my local health visitor but am getting no where, am concerned about how she is making no attempt to crawl or walk, am really worried that there is something wrong with her, am also dealing with the fact she constantly wants to be attached to me 24/7, don't get me wrong I love her to bits but its beginning to get to much, please can someone help

Replies

• Hi Nickw82, weclome to MadeForMums. I just wanted to let you know. my second child (who is now 2 and a half years old) didn't walk until she was at least 20months old. She is also utterly stuck to me like glue. I think what i'm trying to say is, these toddlers do things in their own time - when your little girl is ready, she'll likely just get up and start crawling.

Have you thought about a visit to your GP for a little reassurance?

• Hi DanielleMFM thanks for replying. I really want to am just abit scared to if am honest, just with every thing that happened when she was born.