Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice please?

Hello, I am currently going through a miscarriage and was wondering how long it takes?

I have been bleeding brown lightly for 2 weeks, tonight its gotten heavier and red with tiny clots. I'm unsure how far along i am but probably somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks. 

Also what would you recommend for the pain i have taken two co-codamol but it only eased it for a hour and would really like to try and sleep. I'm allergic to NSAIDS so cant have ibuprofen.

Thank you in advance this is my first pregnancy/miscarriage and feeling a little lost.

Replies

• I recently miscarried at 7weeks which only took 2days for me to lose it fully I think everyone is different.

when I went to the hospital they gave me paracetamol and codeine together before it was clarfied cos they said you are allowed to take up to a certain amount of mg of codeine during pregnancy so hopefully if it's not a miscarriage bleed it won't harm your baby.

hope this helped and hope your ok

• Thank you for your reply, I passed a empsac today which was a lot bigger than what I was expecting and still in shock. Have a scan tomorrow to make sure everything has passed. Thanks again. 

• The sac I mean

• So sorry about your news