Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Miscarriage at 21 weeks

this breaks my heart to write this but I need to talk to women who have experienced similar things to me.

so last Monday I had my scan everything was fine a healthy baby, friday morning I woke up and my waters broke I was taken to hospital where they sat me in a room and I was pretty much just a waiting miscarriage, Sunday I woke up after a night full of pain and being injected with drugs I got up to go for a wee where I gave birth to a beautiful little girl, but at 21 weeks her lungs were not developed enough to survive.

ive had no explanation of why all of this happened but my theory is the whole pregnancy ive been ill with colds infections and everything else, I had this cold for a month that I went to the doctor knowing it was more she said it was just a cough and left me to get on with it not once was I given antibiotics, when the hospital tested me bloods they said my infection level was high. So I'm guessing I was just too ill to carry her? I'm so confused ive  no problems at all 

Replies

• Hi wantingapositive, we are so sorry to hear of your loss - we can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

We wanted to point you in the direction of this thread - vey sadly, it has ladies on it who all lost their babies at a similar stage to you.

We also want to let you know about this very long running thread about miscarriage which offers some wonderful people and support.

Wishing you well and sending virtual hugs.

• Hi wantingapositive,

I am really sorry to hear about your little girl :( Last June I went through a similar ordeal. At my 12 week scan I told my baby had a problem called Exomphalos which is where the organs are growing on the outside of the baby, at my 12 week scan they told me I was 14 weeks. I had different hospital appointments to see what they could do but my baby was just to poorly. I had to be induced and I was in labour for 26 hours and it was the worst thing I have ever been through in my life. I gave birth to my little girl on the 26th June 2015. I was pretty poorly myself after this as I was losing a lot of blood and my body didn't really go back to normally until September. Me and my other half are currently trying again and I have my fingers crossed for a positive this month :)

things will get better as time goes on. I had test done to myself and they baby had to have tests as well to see what caused this and they basically told me is was just a freak thing that had happened and that there so no explanation as I am 100% healthy (which was good to hear) if you need anybody to speak to you can private message me x