Forum home Babies Baby

June 16 Babies

Hello.

This is a new thread for the lovely folks from our Due in June 2016 Birth Club who have all given birth to an equally lovely baby – hurray! – and we reckon you deserve a shiny new thread to chat on. (We know there’s just a couple of you left to have your baby,  please do come on over and chat here).

If you've not been part of the Due in June 2016 Birth Club so far but have just had a baby (born June 2016), do please feel free to post and join in. They're a nice, friendly lot!

And to kick this thread off, we've got a lovely pack of Hippodomus* luxury bamboo baby washcloths (see pic) to send to everyone who joins this thread in the next week or so, so get posting!

*Hippodomus luxury bamboo baby washcloths, (available on Amazon UK) are super-soft, gentle on the skin, and, most importantly, 100% safe for babies and toddlers since they are made from the highest quality natural bamboo fibre. For details on the full range of baby products, please visit Hippodomus.

Replies

• Hi everyone!

Carrying on from the feeding and stitches conversation, I also had stitches and found pouring a jug of warm water when peeing very helpful to stop any stinging.  The stinging has stopped from day 5 so able to pee without the jug now!

I am still breastfeeding, but I have found that by expressing a little before I feed him it makes it easier for him to latch on (otherwise my boob is so full the nipple is too flat) and then once I have fed him my husband is offering him the expressed breast milk in a bottle.  I am finding the same as I had with my daughter, even though he may come off my boob on his own, he still needs a tiny top-up to get that totally full feeling and sleep properly.  

My nipples are a little sore, but once the initial latch is on I love watching his little face and the cuddles I get from a contented baby!  We do have some formula in the house, as I have no problem with giving this to him if we need it, but seems to be going OK so far.  He is one week today! I was feeding him at 5am this morning and sang 'Happy one week birthday to you' to him. 

We have finally come up with a name too.  Benjamin Alexander Chambers.

• Here he is chilling in the garden today in his pram

• Ah happy one week birthday Benjamin! Love the name

Glad to hear you are doing so well Vikster after the initial shock! How did your friends and family take the news? Bet they were all just as shocked as you! 

• He is beautiful Vikster and such a lovely name! He also sleeps exactly the same way as my little Callum. 4 days old today and already so different from Sunday. 

He's just had his first full bottle so I feel very proud of him. He's a little jaundiced so we have to get out of the house tomorrow and in the garden at least if not properly out. Here he is in his little poddle pod image

• Yes Bug, everyone we told thought we were winding them up. Had to send a naked pic of him to family to prove we weren't joking! 

He's gorgeous Gina bambino, do you also get the snoring, snuffle noises too? 

• Aw both ur babies are so cute!!! I just can't wait to meet my little baby now. X

• Great tip about pouring the water while peeing Vikster - totally forgot that one! And what a perfect name for a perfect baby boy too. You made us LOL that you had to send a nudie pic of him!

Love Callum in that little sleeping pod Ginabambino - he looks so cosy!

So soon, we'll be checking out your babies Jenh20 and Bug91!

• Vikster 2000 -

• Vikster 2000- Good tip on the breastfeeding. Zac is only feeding on one breast which is now cracked and sore. Going to tlet and express tonight.

Congratulation to the latest ladies and your new   additions.

• Hi SCL, how's Zac doing?

• Stupid question...Verity was meant to be a June baby...she ended up being a May baby...can I still join here as an honoury June baby?! :) 

• Does anybody have a young child aswell as their new baby? 

• Nicnac I have a 5 year old daughter, although she is at school so I still have just baby to look after during the day. How old are your other children?

• Ginabambino - I've just noticed you have a poddle pod - are they any good? Verity got so used to the enclosed space of the incubator. They used to use sheets and towels to create something very similar to the poddle pod; so I was debating getting one to see if it helped her. X 

• Karenlouise I vote you stay!

We love the poddle pod as does callum. It means I can nip to do anything and know he's safe and his moses basket is then only associated with bedtime. Also it gives him the security of being enclosed but not shut in which he hates! Highly recommend, we got ours off ebay as I wasn't sure about them at first but wouldn't be without it and will be buying the next size up. 

• Oh come on karenlouise90 - you're a Due in June through and through!!!! You couldn't possibly go anywhere else! Plus everyone knows you here, and Verity's amazing journey!

• Our lil girl is doing really well :) just getting used to two children in tow!!! 

• Yay, thanks ladies!! :) 

That sounds brilliant Ginabambino. I might have to look in to that. We stupidly got a crib before she was born because we didn't think a moses basket would last long - they 'grow out of them too quick'. Haha, how wrong we were. So now, she sleeps in her carry cot inside her crib. Which means that I don't have something for her to 'nap' in downstairs anymore. 

We have been suffering with colic, but the infacol has given us two decent nights! She goes 4 hours between feeds, and now appears to be sleeping for those four hours. With less screaming. We have raised the head end of the carry cot too, so she isn't flat. X 

• NicNac88, my first child. What about you? 

Had some horrible news this morning when my partner got home from work. I've never seen him upset before like he was this morning. His work have told them that they will be shutting down in the next 6 months as they are "developing elsewhere and wanting to take the business in a different direction" 

he's gutted, worked there 10 years since he was 17 years old and worked his way up. It's come at a perfect time. we've just bought a house and have a new baby and money was pretty tight anyways and there is no chance he'll find another job working what he did for the pay he did. Looks like we'll be budgeting even more now. Hopefully I'll speak to the government about what I might be able to claim for now until we're settled again! I just hate seeing him so upset and feeling like a failure over this and there is nothing I can say or do to help. 

Hope everyone else is having a good time. 

• Definitely worth it then karenlouise. You can even prop her head up on the cushion bit as she gets stronger. We also have a bean bag type thing that we can strap him into but I can't use it until his belly button comes off as the strap goes right across and digs in! 

Oh Abigail that's awful news! Get onto CAB and look at what you can get. Think you can get child benefit too. It must be awful for him but you're doing everything you can by just being there for him. 

Good luck and I hope he gets something (even on a lower wage) soon xx