Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Want to get pregnant after a miscarriage

Hello, so I had a miscarriage 3 weeks and 2 days ago on the 23/05/2016 at 5 weeks pregnant. I wasn't trying to get pregnant and was totally shocked when I fell pregnant as was being really careful. After it happend I was absolutely mortified, although I didn't want to get pregnant, after having a miscarriage I wanted nothing more than to be pregnant. I'm 19 and have been with my partner for 4 years. We live together and have a very mature relationship. We want to get pregnant again as soon as possible and I'm just wanting some advice as have had no help at all from doctors. They literally told me I'd had a complete miscarriage and to test in a weeks time and as long as the test was neg they didn't need to see me again (the test was neg). They offered no emotional support or any advice at all so I took to the Internet for coping advice as I was a complete wreck. I had 2 weeks off work and then went back thinking I was ready, I was so wrong, I had a complete meltdown in the office in front of everyone and was sent home and signed off for a further 2 weeks. I'm due to go back in 5 days time and just hoping this time I am completely ready but don't want to look like I'm taking the mick with how much time off I have. So can anyone help with how much time off is acceptable and how to tell wether I'm ready to go back or not?

Also when should I do a pregnancy test? We've been having unprotected sex almost every other night since 29/05/2016 as I'd completely stopped bleeding by the 27th. I have done a test today and it's negative so just want to know how long to wait? I feel like I have a few more questions but have rambled abit so might add more later. Any help and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Replies

• It's hard I misscarryed last week but I only bleed for 4 days . I stopped bleeding on Thursday and had sex on sat and hopefully get lucky tonight I was told u have high chance if falling preg the month after misscarrying so I was told after bleeding stops. I was told wait till next period but I want another baby more than anything . Anyone else been lucky 

• If ur not ready to go bk to work don't go bk yet see doc get signed off alittle longer 

• I had a mc in 2010, was off work for 6 weeks as I bled for that long. We tried for 10 months after and had no joy. We decided to stop trying and see what happened, and also bought a house. 2 months after that I was pregnant!! Had a very healthy rainbow baby who is now 4. Everyone is different, so body's do tend to not follow what everyone else does. Just don't lose hope!! It will happen. 

• I'm sorry about your loss, most of the time with early miscarraiges they won't give you any support or look into it unless you have 2 or more.

But your lucky you have age on your side, I'm 24 and lost my baby at 21 weeks and fell pregnant again during the second cycle. The best advice is to relax and enjoy the fun with your partner it can take up to 6 months to fall again but you should be fine just don't stress yourself out :)

• imageAnyone no wot this means plz these are ovalation test I had a miscarriage the beginning of June do t understand them x

• Hi Lisa I'm new to opks too this month, i would take that to mean you had your LH surge today. Meaning you should ovulate within 24-48 hours. Hopefully one of the other more experienced opk ladies will confirm xx

• Thank you ther so confusing as I've had faint lines for days now x

• They are confusing I have only been getting one line on mine so far and I'm cd16 I think now so I have no idea what's going on for me 😁

• Hi guys, iv took some time out to Get my head together, I miscarried for a second time very recently at 6weeks. Myself and my partner were absolutely  heartbroken. 

Im just wondering does anybody know how soon you can try again even if there has still been no sign of af afterward and how long on an average scale would it take? Also does anyone  know if you have a higher chance of keeping it if you try sooner? Im not very sure of everything as it all seems unclear to me. this might sound absolutely ridiculous but does this get any easier in terms of Is the constant fear of something happening always going to be there if it is a success the next time or can I do anything to prevent it. 

any help or advice is greatly appreciated as I’m kinda stuck in limbo just now. Thank you in advance. 

Lizm xx 

• Hello . I am sorry to hear abou oh loss. I also miscarriage at 9 weeks , two weeks this Monday . The baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and said they could not find a heartbeat . Myself and my partner were heartbroken . My story is very long ( sorry) , but hope this helps . I have a 7 years old boy and a 5 year old girl . When trying for

my first baby I miscarried at 6 weeks, heartbroken again . The bleeding stopped at two weeks . I then just forgot about trying and just carried on as normal as I could , but I never come back on period . I had no signs of pregnancy . My partner said I think your pregnant. I was so angry with him , as really thought I was not . I took a test and it was positive . The doctor then referred me for a early scan , as they thought I was not . There is was my baby boy at 6 weeks with a heart beat , now seven years on . I have just stopped bleeding and going to try again . All the best Gemma

• Sorry about spelling , it's my stupid phone 😏

• I’m so sorry for your loss.it is heartbreaking it’s an awful thing to go through. I’m glad you have two healthy beautiful children so far. Thank you very much for responding I have been googling a lot and it isn’t very clear, you Have helped so much making it a little easier to go on. Thank you again and I hope all goes well for you if your trying again 💗

thanks lizm 

• Hi I originally wrote this post, after my miscarriage in May 2016 I went on to fall pregnant again in September. I had a completely healthy pregnancy apart from bleeding almost every month due to the position on my placenta. My beauTiful rainbow baby girl was born on 27/06/2017 at 3:19pm by emergency c section. Weighing a healthy 8lb 9oz. She is the most perfect little thing in the whole world. 

My world came crashing down after my miscarriage but my little girl came and saved me. I hope you all the best of luck and hope you get the perfect ending like I did xxxx