Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

car seat advice please!

Hi I would be very greatful if anyone has any advice for me re car seats.

I bought my lovely VW Golf just before finding out I'm expecting baby no.3!

I LOVE my car and don't want to change to a mum bus! I currently use two Britax stage 1-2-3 seats for my 5 yr old and 3 yr ols and am happy with them, but size wise they're pretty big..I have a maxi cosi for the baby and think this is the smallest/ thinnest I'll find, any advice on thinner stage 2-3 toddler models?

Please help!!!

thanks image

Replies

• i had the same problem as you, i have a maxi cosi which i use for the baby and then have a 5 and 3 year old too but the seat in the middle is so hard to get in and its difficult to buckle the middle child in.  I have found a new car seat which is narrower and which is soft so it will fit in nice and snug.  I have just order two after seeing them in the paper yesterday, you can find them on www.bubblebum.co.uk

A local girl in Northern ireland designed these to fit in the middle space with the added bonus that they inflate/deflate so you can send them with your child in their schoolbag if someone else has to pick them up - great idea when your expecting a baby and may need someone else to collect your child at short notice.

They meet all the safety regulations and might just do your job - i have just been on the website and ordered two for my older kids, one for the car and one for the school bag.

hope this helps 

• What an idea!!!

I love everything what I can fold as I am mum of three. And actually searching for something like this image. Just I am missing the high back as we travel a lot by car and I know that boosters never work for us. Anyway - very, very, very good idea!
  • I found it!!! It has my 'missing' high back image and looks quite comfortable to me. Just what we needed.
    www.easycarseat.com

Will get one now image and then off to sleep image.
  • Hi everyone,

my children were sick last week so I was running around them and had no time to write a feedback for the Easycarseat I bought it.

It's just fantastic! We tested and since then - we just have it in our car. My daughter fond it very comfy and me - very light and easy to use. Also thanks to the heigh adjuster she is in the right position all the time if you know what I mean. Nothing bothers me more than 'hanging' kid while I am driving image!

So I ordered one more for my 3 years old!
    Overall, I am very impressed. Thanks to all of you who design 'useful' folding things for families! image