Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

need advice

I genuinely don't know what to do right now, took a test which says i'm 3 weeks pregnant, told my partner of 7 months and he's ended things with me and wants nothing to do with the baby, i'm 24 and still live at home with my parents on a low income job, i feel so helpless, i just don't know what to do, i was so excited when i found out and now this has happened i feel like its just going to be a constant reminder of whats happened.

Replies

• Ah you poor thing. So sorry that your partner has ended things with you.  Im glad you are living with your parents as they will be a major help to u during the months to come. A baby is a miracle and once he/she arrives you will be so busy and happy. If the partner doesn't want to be in the baby's life that his decision. Don't let this ruin your excitement for a new baby. I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and the birth of your little one. everything will work out in the end. focas on u and baby now.

• Hi Jem,

I am so sorry to hear this. The good thing is you live with your family and they are there to support you. I know it will be hard as he has said he want nothing to do with the baby. My sister got pregnant at the age of 21 and the father has had nothing to do with my niece since the day she was born - my sister is now married with another little girl and her and my eldest niece couldn't be happier.

We as a family have all supported her in every way we could, especially my mam and step dad.

Please do not worry.

If he has done this now - do you really want that type of man in yours and your child's life?

Hope you are ok - and congratulations!

Zoe x

• I am so sorry for what happened. I know that you are sad and at the same time worried because your partner has ended things with you. but atleast you have your parents, i know that they will support you. just enjoy your pregnancy and take care of yourself and the baby.