Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HELP CAR SEAT PROBS

Hi everyone, i wondered if you guys can give me some advice. I have a 6 month old baby girl who at least weeks weigh in weighed just over 17lb. I am due to go back to work end of this month and the MIL has bought a car seat for when she looks after DD two days a week. The car seat has got good reviews however i am adamant i want her rear facing until shes at least 15months as recommended and this seat is a combination of rear facing and forward. However it says rear facing until 9kg!!! Thats not far away and she is way too young to forward face. My question is..... as it states rear facing til 9kg does this mean that it isnt safe in this seat to rear face over this weight if we kept her in it rear facing. The seat itself goes up to 18kg. Advice would be really helpful. I dont want to seem ungrateful to MIL as i know she is only doing the best and helping out to save us money.  Xxxzz

Replies

• The recommendations are based upon the type of car seat bought.

The new Istage car seats are height based & baby should use these rear facing until 15mths old.

The older 0, 1, 2, 3 stage car seats are all weight based meaning that baby can safely use them from the recommended weight limit & can travel forward facing from 9kg.