Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Period cramps? Or pregnancy cramps?

Hey ladies, I'm trying for my first baby and am currently about 10 days late. I've done 3 cheap pregnancy tests which have all been negative. I have a few symptoms including cramps. They don't feel like regular period cramps...am I just clutching at straws or is there a difference? Think I'm just so desperate to be a mum that any little thing gives me hope.

Replies

• Options

Hi hun...tbh when I fell pregnant with my little girl I had cramps and they felt exactly the same as pre period cramps..I found out after I was 2 days late, the thought of pregnancy didn't even enter my mind as I had those cramps I walked about with sanitary towels in my bag because I just assumed I would come on because of the cramps lol. I only took a test because I had milky white discharge and a lot of it and remember my friend telling me when she fell pregnant it was like she had a white period so took a test and I was. After ten days late tho I would assume something should show up by now on a test but however that being said every women is different. Maybe make a doctors appointment and have a blood test done maybe? Don't worry it will happen I was trying for 6 months after I stopped my pill and drove myself mad every month thinking I could be but then would come on...and the disappointment was awful..so I Know the feeling. Ithe will happen when you won't even expect it lol

I hope it happens for you soon xxxx

• Options

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sounds exactly like what Im going through right now. You're right, the disappointment is unbarable :( Think I'll take your advice and phone the doc tomorrow. Thanks so much! Xxx

• Options

Are you having any other symptoms at all? Aw I know the feeling all to well I used to cry every month when I would come on in remember one month I was three days late and really thought I was turned out I was just late I was that upset I rang in work sick image but like I said if not this time it will happen trust me image Yeah I would hun. Keep me updated won't you :) I really hope you are. Xxx

• Options

If you don't mind may I ask you something