Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Negative and positive tests?!

Hey there, 

My period is now 4 days late. I've always been very intuitive when it comes to my body. I'm also very regular when it comes to my cycle. I decided to test 3 days agof and the test was negative, but I just knew something was different. So I tested again, and it was positive. This really threw me off so I bought 3 more tests and got 2 positives and 1 negative. I know I am testing the tests correctly. I am just at a loss here. Has anyone else had this problem? My grandmother said that the women in my family don't always produce enough of the hormones needed to register on the tests. I've got all of the same symptoms I had with me son. Fatigue, nausea, sore breasts, aversions to smell and some foods, and cravingshe like crazy! I just don't know what to do next. Thank you for any input you have at all. 

Replies

• Are you testing consistently with first morning urine? 

Fmu is usually the most concentrated sample because it will have been held for a long time.  Later in the day as you drink more and toilet more frequently it becomes weaker.  

Also different brands of tests have different sensitivites 

• Just like meme said, different tests have different sensitiviy so those with lower sensitivities may come back negative. Check the box before you buy on the sensitivity. Or try clear blue digital, a bit pricey but clear results on pregs or no preges. But if you have the same feeling as you did before with last pregnancy, chances are you are.

• I took three pregnancy test and they all come back negative i don't know what to do am having pregnancy symptoms.

• Lynn you should make an appointment st the Doctors for a blood test

• Evening/morning all. I am totally confused here been TTC I've had 3 days of light spotting when wiping and roughly half a t spoon on a pad which came with lower mild  cramps but not as bad as period cramps. I am 8 days late for my period. Done a test and came back negative. Got to repeat it Monday. I've had some pregnancy symptoms eg nausea, tired, dizzy, shooting pains in my nipples, emotional. Worried in case the test co!es back negative. Still having a little mild cramping. My GP won't do anything until I miss my next period.