Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can someone please help advise me or maybe tell me there similar experience ASAP

So basically me and my partner have been trying for a baby, i have always had a regular period, it is never late! i am now 2 days late i bought a twin pack of home tests from my local shop after work to find them both negative? im so confused now as my period has never been late! & with us trying i honestly assumed i was, i dont want to tell my family incase im not can someone please let me know if they have ANY knowledge in this kind of thing? maybe a similar experience anything at all any comments are appreciated thank you

Replies

• Any opinions/comments please so desperate to know

• Some ladies haven't got a positive pregnancy test until 1-2 weeks past missed AF! You might have slow rising HCG 

Also depends on the amount of HCG in your system and the sensitivity of the tests you used?

So a First Response test is 12.5miu so would normaly get a good line around missed AF

Clear Blue are anything from 10miu - 50miu depending on if you buy the early detection test or their digital brands!

Cheapie tests and supermarket brands are higher sensitivity too

A lot of ladies show negative on clear blue until a day or 2 after missed AF.

Also did you use fmu ( first morning urine) this is the most concentrated and would have the higher level of HCG in it to test

All I can suggest is using a First Response test with first morning urine.

If negative wait and see if AF turns up late, if not you can get a beta HCG blood test done via your GP which will defo tell you if preggers or not:)

Hope this helps and wishing you lots of luck x

• The test was a little cheap one, was a twin pack from tesco, both negative i tested at 6pm tonight, would you suggest giving it a few days to see if my period shows? tomorrow is day 3 of them being late when i do test i will use my first morning pee, is there a possibility im not? really want to know have been trying for 3/4 months now, x

• I would personally buy a First Response test tomorrow and test Tuesday morning with your first wee. Those tests are very accurate:)

Ive been 4 days late b4 and wasn't pg. I've had 3 children and all my tests have shown positive before my period was due BUT everyone is different.

Try a different test and see how you go. There's always a chance that you aren't as stress, illness, diet etc can throw our hormones off course:/

I hope in your case it's just a slow rise.

good luck xxx🍀