Forum home Product Tests Product tests

SmarTrike Recliner Infinity 5-in-1 trike: the feedback thread

Hello.

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity 5-in-1 trike for us as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

You should all have received your trike (or it's speeding its way to you right now!). Do have fun testing it out with your child and olease also take some pictures of your child on the trike.

Then, please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions:

1. What did you think of the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity when you first received it?

2. How did your child get along riding in the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity? Please post up the picture(s) of your child sitting in the trike (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

3. What do you think of the accessories that come with the SmarTrike Recliner Infinityy?

4. What do you think of the parent handle?

5. Would you recommend the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to a parent with a child the same age as yours?

Everyone who leaves quality feedback on this thread (and is part of our product test) will be put into a draw to win a £50 Amazon voucher.

Thank you so much – and good luck!

The SmarTrike Recliner Infinity, £129.99, is suitable for children aged 10 months to 3 years, and is 5 trikes in 1 – moving, as your child grows, from pushalong recliner to stroller mode to guided trike, training trike and classic trike. It has a patented Touch Steering technology parent handle and shock absorber, and comes with a storage bag, canopy, seat cover, bottle holder, and toy telephone.

Replies

• 1. What did you think of the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity when you first received it?

Initially I was a bit daunted by all the parts. However, there was literally just 3 screws. (Required tools included) Everything else clicks together and the instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Actually only took around 10 minutes to put together. 

The finished item looks fantastic. It's got a real quality feel. Doesn't look cheap at all. Really lovely material used and the finish on everything is very clean and looks luxurious 

2. How did your child get along riding in the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity? 

When I first showed him he looked curious. After giving it a thorough toddler inspection, (paying particular attention to the phone) I put him on it and strapped him in. And so began the screaming and writhing around! (He's at that awful "I'm not going to let you strap me into anything" stage) surprisingly the straps held him securely and comfortably! And after a minute he'd calmed down and actually seemed to be very happy to be in it! He's quite an Explorer as most 20 month olds tend to be, and enjoys walking everywhere now, so gets bored easily in the pushchair. This however kept him happy. I think the fact that he isnt enclosed in a pushchair being pushed makes him feel like he's in control. So much so infact that when we arrived at the park he didn't want to get out! So we ended up going for a longer walk instead!

3. What do you think of the accessories that come with the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity?

I love that this has a bag! It's pretty roomy too! You could easily pop to the shop to get your bread and milk with this! There's plenty of room for all your essentials too nappies, wipes, drink etc. 

The cup holder is very handy. But I would like one for myself! The top bag is ideal for the things you need to keep easily accessible like your phone and keys. And again is fairly spacious.  The little phimageimageimageimageone is also a nice feature. Ideal for those busy little hands. And I like the fact that it isn't very loud! Let's be honest... we all hate noisy toys!!  But it is loud enough for them to hear. 

The one thing I feel this lacks is a rain cover. Although the hood would help I'm sure. 

The parent handle is very comfortable and can be used one handed. It has different height settings too. Which is useful and its easy to adjust. In general the trike I very smooth to steer (even on grass! I tried it!) The only issue I found was kerbs. It's a bit unsteady. And although the instructions do state not to use on steps, kerbs unfortunately are unavoidable. However, once you have a few goes it is easy enough to master. But there is room for improvement. 

5. Would you recommend the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to a parent with a child the same age as yours?

Definitely! My little boy loves it! So much so that he keeps getting on it indoors! The only thing I would say is that as a long term investment it would be better to purchase this at 10-12 months in order to make full use of all its wonderful features!

• When I first received the smart Trike  I was very impressed with the Quality and construction it looked very stable.It took less than 15 minute to build.The multi functional Modes allows the stroller to turn from stroller to Trike with a click of a button.perfect for all stages. The seatbelt provides safety.Lincoln enjoyed riding on the smart Trike I reclined the seat he even had a nap on the way.It has easy steering with the lightest touch the accessories  on the Trike are brilliant It has active play and discovery.A play musical phone, Lincoln loved it.also has a bottle holder. the rucksack is brilliant for shopping . While the smaller zipped pocket at the top is very good for putting your mobile Keys etc . The handle is excellent it has adjustable hieght. I would recommend this to a friend who has  a child of the same age .It has some great features,like fast click technology and easy instructions to follow. Lincoln and I tested the Triketoday.We both loved it. Lincoln loved going around the shops on the Trike .he had a lovely smile on his face and did not get board.It also has a 3 year guarantee .(all in all I think the smart Trike 5-1 is really Clever. Thanks for reading.imageimageimageimage

• 1. What did you think of the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity when you first received it?

My first impressions were great, the box it was delivered in wasn't too big and it was packaged well.  Well I opened the box and saw how many pieces there were to put together it did look a bit daunting.  The instructions however did look easy to follow.  All together it took me about half an hour to put the trike together from start to finish as most things just clicked in to place and it was only the seat that needed to be screwed on and the basket which were easy enough to do and all the tools needed were included in the box.  Once it was all put together I loved it, the quality was great and it had lots of little features.

2. How did your child get along riding in the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity? Please post up the picture(s) of your child sitting in the trike (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

My daughter was very excited when she first saw the SmarTrike, the first thing she did was pick up the phone and started talking on it.  My daughter is quite tall for her age so she had to rest her feet on the pedals at the front.  I love how I could stop the pedals moving so my daughter could easily rest her feet.  She looked very comfortable and was easy fastening her in.  Because she is 2 we didn't have the safety bar fitted as it wasn't needed.

I did find when we were out and about on the Trike if my daughter took her feet off the pedals it made the steering go a little manic but she is very forward for her age at understanding and talking and as soon as I asked her to put her feet back on the pedal she did, so it's not a big deal and didn't cause any problems.  I think she is going to have lots of fun learning to pedal the trike herself.

3. What do you think of the accessories that come with the SmarTrike Recliner Infinityy?

I absolutely love the parent pouch, great to keep my phone and keys in when we are just popping to the park or to the shop.  I also love the big bag that attaches to the bag as it is very spacious and therefore fits in plenty of items. This is great for days when we are going that little bit further as I will be able to fill the bag with items for my daughter that I would usually have in her baby changing bag.  My daughter loved the phone and as you can see from the pics she was enjoying having a chat with grandad.  The drinks holder is also a fab feature as while we were out my daughter could reach the drink herself and put it back without us having to stop for me to get it for her.

The touch steering made it very easy to handle and steer and found this a great feature.  We have had access to a different make and model and found the steering on that heavier and harder so the steering on the SmarTrike Infinity was definitely better.  I liked how you can change the height and how easy it is to change.

Yes I would definitely recommend the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to other parents with a child at the age of 2.  My daughter is at the age where she isn't quite able to pedal the trike herself so will be great to take her out for walks on it where I am still in control.  I love that she has something to learn to pedal on.  I will occasionally change the pedals to the function where they turn while I am pushing so she understands the motion the pedals need to go in order for her move the Trike by herself.

I love that it has the hood for when the weather is warm or even if we get caught out in the rain, this will provide some shelter for my daughter.  The reclining seat is a great addition as my daughter still likes a nap in the afternoon so I don't have to worry if she is feeling tired when we are out with the SmarTrike.

All in all a very good SmarTrike and definitely worth the retailed price.  Thank you for the opportunity to test and review this.  I have one happy little girl xx

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• when i first got the smart trike recliner infinity i thought it looked very nice,once i opened the box i found it very easy to set up,it only took me a few minutes and im normally not very good setting things up,the style and design of it was very nice,i love the colours.

My granddaughter ella couldnt wait to get in it and try it out,she absolutely loves it,she especialy loves the little phone (so does her mum as its a great distraction piece when out shopping)i like the fact that it has a bag attached ,which you can easily put everything you need for a day out in there,also the little bag in the handle was very handy for my keys etc.ella loves trying to pedal it herself and when she gets tired and needs a nap you can just recline the seat which is a fab idea.I also love the bottle or cup holder,no more rumaging in bags for it,she can just get it herself which is brilliant and very helpful.also the hood is great if its a hot day or theres a few spots of rain,it could benefit by having a rain cover but i think it would probably make it hard work to steer.

I found the handle for adults a little stiff as i was fighting for control with ella when turning corners but other than that it was fine.

Myself  my daughter and ella would definitely recommend the smart trike recliner infinity as its well made ,very stylish and modern,easy to set up ,the instuctions were very easy to understand,easy to control once you get the hang of it,great on little bumps (the older model which my daughter has for my grandson  nearly tips over if you catch a bump on the path),i also like that you have the option of having the pedals working or not which is quite helpful if your child is not old enough to pedal herself.

My grandaughter ella is 18 months old ,i think this product is better for a child from the age of maybe 16 months to 3 or 4 years .imageimageimageimage

The SmarTrike Recliner came in a compact box. We were very excited to get in and set up as soon as it arrived. image

At first it was a bit daunting to see all the parts. However the instructions had lots of images and it wasn't as complicated as initially looks. It probably took about 15/20 mins to get all the parts together. No tools were required which was handy. image

My daughter was so excited to get into the SmarTrike, she started playing with it as soon as it was built! Putting her dolls into the seat and playing with the phone. She couldn't wait to get outside and go on a trial ride. imageimageimage

She was very comfortable sitting in the SmarTrike. She is quite tall for her age and her feet sat well on the pedals. image Her dolly had to come along and because I was pushing her, my daughter and doll could sit back and enjoy the ride.

The bag is a great addition as I could imagine putting a couple of bits in there if needed from the corner shop and the cup holder means you don't have to put a drink in the bag.

The phone is a fun addition as my daughter loves to pretend play.

The only part I wasn't that impressed with was the sun canopy. It is fairly small and sits quite low over the seat. My daughter wouldn't be able to use this soon as its sitting only just above her head. If it could be adjusted that would have been a big bonus. 

The handle was great, the fact it went so high meant I didn't have to lean over to push my daughter as I'm fairly tall. As you can change the height my daughter could also use it to push her doll around. 

I would definitely recommend it. I can't imagine many children not enjoying using it and taking it for a ride to the park. However I would just check the height of your child in the seat, as the sun canopy could easily not be functional for those children on the tall side. 

• So... the Smartrike box arrived with all the trimmings and my daughter started to run around in circles of excitement. Mt excitement was a little more subdued when I saw how many pieces were in the box but then I'm famously useless at anything remotely practical. Unfortunately other half was away and as I'm a Londoner am extremely unfriendly with my neighbours (!) so there was nothing for it but to get stuck in. And, to my surprise, it wasn't as tricky as I thought. With the help of YouTube videos (just google the model) I was talked through the assembly with ease. On completion, my daughter jumped in and beamed. 

The versatility and accessories are both great. A large bag for shopping and essential, a handlebar bag for purse, phone and emergency rice cakes, a hood, a bottle holder and even a toy phone! The seat reclines at the touch of a button and I was able to lift the parent handle to its highest setting as am fairly tall. I decided to ( again with the touch of a button and twist of the wheel) set the steering to be controlled by me alone as we had a day trip planned and didn't fancy being a back seat driver!

And so we set of - I was amazed by the one touch steering from the parent handle. I could steer with one hand which left a hand spare for a cappuccino.  Six months pregnant, I found the trike much lighter than  our buggy and found it easy to manage both on the street and in shops. 

My daughter was comfy and cosy and I decided to wrap her up in a blanket when the temperature dropped. She alternated between resting her feet in the stirrups and the pedals. And that toy phone - it somehow genuinely kept her amused for ages! 

We visited The Imperial War Museum and had no problem wheeling round the exhibits both inside and out - we even spotted a section of The Berlin  Wall. I felt that we took up less space than a conventional pushchair. My daughter also seemed to be more alert and involved than normal. 

After all the excitement of the museum, my little explorer was sleepy and after a very easy climb aboard a bus (and yes - so much easier than a buggy or pram to fit in the famously  small pushchair space) she fell fast asleep. I reclined the chair and left her to it. 

So, overall it's a stylish design and feels practical and nippy on a day out. I would thoroughly recommend for toddlers approaching the 2 year old mark but am guessing it will be fine right up until 3 and beyond depending upon the size of the child. I'm now excited to find out how my baby bump will enjoy it once he's born and ready to explore.

• 1. The box that arrived was fairly small considering what was inside. When i opened it and saw a loose wheel on top I thought I am never going to be able to put this together but it wasn't as bad as I expected. 

2. My little boy loved riding in the smart trike. Be put his feet straight on the pedals and was moving the handlebars side to side. He doesn't like to go in his pushchair anymore he liles to walk everywhere but when given the opportunity to go out in this instead he jumped at the chance.

3. My son loved the phone, he happily "chatted" away on it for ages and I like that it's my too noisy either!

The top bad is perfect for keeping phone keys and purse in or any other essentials.

We popped to the corner shop and In the bottom bag we fit a pal of 4 toilet rolls, pa let of rolls a cake and some chocolate and there was room to spare.

My son loved having his drink in the cup holder and found it a novelty as he kept reaching for it to have a quick drink and putting it back. 

4. The parent handle made it very easy to steer and control. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I also like that the handle is adjustable, although we just kept it on the high setting. 

5. I would recommend the smart trike for a child the same age as mine (23 months). However to get your full monies worth out of it I would recommend buying it when they are younger so they get longer use of it it. My son loved going put and about in this and lover smiling at other children as he passed them in their pushchairs while he was in his trike.

imageimageimage

It was boxed smaller than i imagined it would be and wasnt too heavy. Loved the deep purple colour, definately suitable for boys and girls. We have an older style smartrike and this one is a marked improvement. There are things i would still like to see improved such as softer wheels. This may make it less noisey, take a rougher terrain more easily.

Brodie loved being in his trike. He felt very secure and safe. 

the large bag the trike comes with is perfect for taking a few nappies and a packet of wipes out on your journey. It would even fit a change of clothes or a jacket. The little bag at the top is perfect for keeping keys and a mobile close by.  The cup holder is fab so the kids can help themselves and Brodie loves playing with the phone and chatting away whilst on his journey 😁 

the parent handle is fab. Much better and sturdier than the older model i have. 

i would definately recommend the smartrike infinity to my friends. Its a fun way for kids to get about and i cant wait to watch it grow with Brodie. imageimage

Was exciting to receive the smarttrike to test. Came nicely packaged.  Reasonably light weight in its box. Bit worried about assembling it but instructions were simple and easy to follow. I thought the fabric looked classy and not cheap.  It all appeared good quality. 

It was a hit with Elliott from the word go.

He likes riding in it. He likes playing with the phone and he loves the fact he can get up close to things,  like the trees and bushes and passing dogs! 

image  image  image  image

Very pleased with the storage space.  It's a very useful addition to the trike.  A good size, adequate for taking essential bits with you. Nappies, keys phone etc. Plus the drink stand is a good thing.

The parent handle is comfortable to use. Great that you can adjust the height for ease of use.  

Would definitely recommend,  and already have! 😁 

Thank you x

• What did you think of the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity when you first received it?

The box was smaller than I imagined it to be and it was quite easy to put together although I did struggle putting the parent handle on but my husband managed it without a problem. Once together it looked great and we couldn't wait to try it out.

We were presently surprised how much our little girl enjoyed herself. She loved using the handle bars and steering while out on our walk. She especially liked when Daddy pushed her fast.

The cup holder was a good so she can get a drink herself (I think it also helped her drink more too which is a bonus). The phone kept her occupied if she got a little bored. The bags are spacious to take toys, snacks etc and the smaller bag is good for my keys phone etc.

It can be a little stiff to adjust the height and my husband thinks it feels weaker when its fully extended. It is easy to manoeuvre and go around corners.

I would recommend it as she has so much fun and its a great alternative to using a buggy for popping to the shops or going on our walks.

image imageimageimage

When the SmarTrike arrived I thought it was going to be difficult to put together as the box wasn't very big, so we assumed that there would be lots of pieces. We were very wrong, it was very easy to put together. The instructions were clear and everything fit together perfectly. There were a few screws to put in and the tools for this were provided which was great (no searching around for the right sized tools!) When we had assembled the trike we loved the look of it, it looked well made and sturdy. The colour was great, not a bright garish blue, it is a lovely classic colour that would suit a boy or girl.

Our 18 month old made a beeline for it and was trying to get into it within seconds of seeing it! Our four year old was  very  interested in it as well and disappointed that he was too big for it.

How did your child get along riding in the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity?

Our son loved riding in the SmarTrike. We have used it several times for walking with the dogs which is down a country road and on grass. I t handled well on both surfaces. We found it easier to lock the wheel to use it rather than have it unlocked, it seemed to be a little bit flighty when the wheel was not locked into place.

My 18 month old seemed to find it comfy to ride in, he always has a big smile in his face when we use it. He even fell asleep in it and we were able to recline it with ease.

As he is of the walking age there are times when he wants to walk a bit, he decided that he wanted to push it aswell, he was able to push it along with no problems as it is quite light and easy to maneuvered!

What do you think of the accessories that come with the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity?

The accessories were great, the cup holder was really handy for my little ones drink when we were out and about or going for a walk.

The two bags were very handy especially the larger one for storing the bits were were taking with us. We managed to put nappies, wipes, drinks, coats etc in and it was perfect for holding all of these things.

The small bag came in really handy when we went for walks, both of my children were using it store the treasures that they found on our walks.

My 18 month old didn't take much interest  in the phone he has played with it briefly a couple of times but seems to be more excited that he can see a lot more when out and about than he would in his pushchair. I personally think the phone is a good idea, saves having to take toys that can get lost as it is attached to the trike and has its own place to be stored.

What do you think of the parent handle?

The parent handle was easy to steer even one handed which is perfect when you are taking more than one child out and about with you. I could easily hold my 4 year olds hand and steer the trike, especially great when crossing the road.

I found the adjustment a little stiff and had to use two hands but I am guessing this is because it is new once it has been used a few times I think it will loosen up a bit.

The height settings were good, my boyfriend thought the highest setting was perfect, I personally thought it could do with being able to go another notch higher.

My four year old was able to have the trike on the lowest setting and push his brother around. He thought this was great as he was able to be a part of it as well. He had no problems steering it and it was light and easy to move around for us and for him.

Would you recommend the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to a parent with a child the same age as yours?

Yes definitely we found it was perfect for his age range and can see us getting lots of use out of it as he grows bigger. I showed it to a friend who took it for a test ride with her little boy (15 months) and she has already bought one for him for Christmas!

• 1. As soon as the trike arrived and I unpacked the box I thought it looked like a good quality, sturdy trike, which is handy with a 17 month old little boy! It came in about 12 pieces but was pretty straightforward to put together and took me just over half an hour. Our little one was very keen to help and wouldn't get off the seat for me to attach the wheels so he was very excited!

2. My little boy loves playing on the trike. He's too little to use the pedals yet but they stay folded until you need to use them and you can open out a footrest instead for younger babies. The wheels are easy to clean so he plays on it all the time indoors too and even sits on it to watch telly or play toys! He's big enough to climb on himself so we've removed the safety bar, although I wouldn't say this is sturdy enough for a baby who is a bit wobbly still.The basket on the back is a good size for him to store his toys in and he loves playing with the attached toy phone.imageimageimage

3. The accessories that come with the Smartrike are great! There's a smaller bag that attaches to the top of the handle which is ideal for keeping keys, phone and purse and a larger bag that attaches to the main body of the handle and to the top of the basket which could hold a few items of shopping or babies essentials such as nappies, wipes etc. The basket is a good size for when your toddler wants to put toys in it or as an extra storage area. The front of the trike has a clip-on cup holder and a holder for the toy phone, which is also attached to the trike with string so won't get lost. The only negative I would say about these holders is that my little one finds them very easy to remove and does so frequently!

4. The parent handle is a lovely way of letting your little one think they have some independence, while being able to have some control of their safety when out and about. It's very easy to detach and reattach and once you get used to it, is quite easy to steer. The front wheel has a lock so that either the child can steer the trike using the handle bars or the parent can steer it using the parent handle. It is a little more difficult to steer backwards if you need to reverse and I did almost tip my little one out at one point so I would feel more comfortable if it was a little more sturdy.

5. I would definitely recommend the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to someone with a child the same age as mine but personally I think it needs a few adjustments to be sturdy enough for a 10 month old baby. Even with the safety bar and 3 point harness I think they would slip about all over the place if they fell asleep in it. Once your child is strong enough to hold themselves up well though, this is an excellent trike that should last a good couple of years.

• First impressions, after I got over the initial excitement of receiving the trike, was the box was small, but there wasn't too many pieces and the instructions were straight forward to put together, which I managed to do easily. I found the attached key to be able to screw the seat and basket on an added bonus, such things as screwdrivers are not easily found in our house.

Once it was together, I thought it was larger than expected, probably because my son is 10 months and thought it would be too big for him, but like Christmas morning, once my son was up I was eager for him to test drive the SmarTrike around the house, his face was a picture and he loved it! He was very secure in the straps, he did not move at all and seemed very comfortable on our ride, even some was rougher terrain but even though the ride was slightly bumpy, he did not move around and was still nice and secure. His little legs don't reach the smaller pedals yet, but this did not deter Deian is seeking support and he rested his feet on the wheel cover while cruising. I think being in the seat upright, made him more alert as he had a good view and was able to see more than he normally would being in his pram. He was so snuggled on the journey, he fell asleep, his head did not lol forward, and he seemed comfortable, at this point I reclined the seat with ease without disturbing him. 

Accessories I found very good, the phone was a big hit, even before adding batteries, and for older children I imagine would keep them entertained if they get withdrawal from home technologies. The bag at the bottom was very large, we popped to the shops on our journey and easy fit our shopping in with room for lots more chocolate. The handle bag, as others have mentioned, is very handy for easy to reach items of phone, keys etc.

I found the steering handled very well, with turning and using the handles to mount and dismount curbs no problem. Even though I am quite short, I used the handle on one of the high settings, with my arms bent, it was very comfortable, and I think with it being so light, even on the long walk we had, I had no issues. My husband who is over 6ft also found it very comfortable to steer with the handle at the top, and commented the adjusted handle was good for storage purposes. I'm not sure if it was my attempt at putting the SmarTrike together but I could figure out how to stop the front wheel from turning, and felt the instructions for this wasn't clear. This wasn't an issue for us at the moment, but I'm not sure when it goes to an normal trike, that it will be needed.

I would and already have recommended the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to friends of children the same age as my son, having the trike from 10 months ensure that full use of the longevity of the product is met, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the different stages of the trike as my son grows. I think it would be an ideal first birthday present.

We are very happy to have had the opportunity to test out the SmarTrike. I'll post pictures of my son on his trike separately, as they are on my phone and I found it easier to type on the PC.

Not many parts to put together!

Our first test drive!

Very happy with himself

And asleep zzz

I was very impressed with the packaging and how easy the trike was to assemble. I was able (along with Harrison's help of course lol) to put the trike together in 15 minutes. The instructions were clear and everything fit together easily.

HaTrianon loves his new Smartrike! He soon got the hang of the peddles and was whizzing around the house in not time. It was great both indoors and outdoors and I was glad it had a canopy for the sunny days. 

3. What do you think of the accessories that come with the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity?

i think it is great that it has a wee phone attached. Harrison loves role play and kept answering the phone as he was cycling. i like the fact it comes with storage which will be useful when out at the shops. it can take the place of a pram. 

The patent handle is great when out and about when you need a bit of extra control of Harrison. It is useful that it also has a parent brake! 

I would definitely recommend the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity to other parents with kids Harrison's age! it has so many functions- not just as a trike. He loves it, his new favourite  toy!!image

• Firstly I must apologise for my response not being posted sooner. Norovirus hit our house hard and I've been hard pushed to remember what day it is, let alone where I left my laptop!

1. What did you think of the SmarTrike Recliner Infinity when you first received it?

My first thoughts were 'How the hell do you fit a trike into that box... I hope its not in a million pieces'. Luckily when I opened the box the trike was in manageable pieces and all in all took about 20 minutes to put together. I managed to do it without looking at the instructions (I took the man route) so that's got to be a good thing!!

Once it was all put together it looked really smart and what struck me most was how robust it appeared. The frame looks really sturdy and the wheels are wide with good grip tyres. We go for lots of wood walks with our dog and I would be confident taking this along with us. My daughter was quickly crawling towards it and pulling herself up ready for her first go in her new toy.

My daughter was quickly strapped into the trike and ready to roll (although the first adventure was just around the house as I put it together in the late afternoon). She instantly loved the phone feature as shes just getting the hang of babbling away into a phone!!

The following day we took it out for its first trip to the park. Tallulah seemed comfortable in the padded seat and looked secure in both the straps and with the safety bar up. As shes only 11 months old we had the peddles set to the 'not in use' position and had the foot rest down. Sadly her little legs are not long enough to reach the foot rest and we found that her poor little feet ended up being knocked constantly by the peddles, especially when turning the trike round corners etc... in the end this led us to having to turn around and make our way home as she was getting a little distressed. My daughter is on the 25th centile so below average for height, I therefore think if that foot rest could be made adjustable it would solve the issue. It was definitely a shame as we had loved the look and feel of the trike.

I really loved the phone feature, cup holder and the large bag that attaches to the back... oh and the parent zip up bag (perfect for keeping snacks, keys, purse). I think these make this trike really appealing. The large bag on the bag especially as it would allow you to have a day out with the trike as storage is always usually a problem at the best of times... it felt like having the benefit of a pram storage but on a trike!!

The parent handle was great and really responsive without me having to move it much at all! The important thing to remember here is to ensure you take the control off of the handle bars so that the child cant steer otherwise you could end up fighting for control. The fact the handle bars moving independently though once disabled is great as it gives the child a really feel of being in control, even though they are not!!

This is a hard one for me due to the issues I experienced with the trike which means we definitely wont be using it until Tallulah is older (and taller).

If your child is tall then maybe this is a good buy whilst they are young, although I then think the sunshade could pose a problem for tall children when they get older as its quite low (something that was beneficial for my shorty). All in all I would recommend the trike, I would just maybe recommend it from 18 months

imageimageimage

• Hi everyone, 
    Thank you all so much for taking part in this product test and posting your feedback. 

And now the moment you've all been waiting for.... the winner of the £50 Amazon voucher is, Kez7! We will be in touch very soon to have your prize sent out.

Thanks again everyone! We're going to lock this thread now.