Forum home Product Tests Product tests

LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle product test: the feedback thread

Hello.

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle set for us as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

(If you're testing the LEGO® DUPLO® Number Train set, please post your feedback on the separate feedback thread over here.)

You should all have received your LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle set by now, and have had a chance to test it out – and take a picture of your child playing with it.

So, please can you now give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 4 questions:

1. How did your child get on with building the LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle set? When you answer, please tell us how old your child is. 

2. Did your child enjoy playing with the finished set? Please post up the picture(s) of your child building it or playing with it (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

3. What do you and your child like most about this LEGO® DUPLO® set?

4. Would you recommend it to a friend with a child the same age?

The LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle set, £39.99 has 86 pieces (pictured above) including a camera, a plane, figurines, an elephant and calf, tiger, monkey and a crocodile.

Replies

• imageimageimage

james is 3 and requires quite a bit of help gave generously by his older brother 8 who was also interested in building the lego. They took about 20 minutes to put the whole thing up.

james is having lots of fun playing with th product in particular the animals such as the elephants and the alligator . 

We defintely like the animals most about the set and james really loves the airplane ! 

• I forgot to add that I would definitely recommend this product , i like the chunky blocks and instruction manual which is easy to follow. also lots of main bits like the boat , plane and animals that they can turn their attention to . 

• My five year old daughter  found this set very easy to build I was showing  her what pieces she needed to put together. Olivia really enjoyed playing with this set. Her favourite  part of the set was the animals. She.also said it's very colourful. I would definitely  recommend this set to children of her age.image

• 1. Followed the instructions with a little help from me, mummy. Jake is 4 1/2 yrs old. Really enjoyed putting the set together.

2. He enjoyed playing with the set and altered it several times to make the boat have an engine, bridge higher etc.

3. It's fun, bright, great for boys and girls. Jake liked the plane, boat and crocodile the most.

4. Yes I would but I would say a child would get the most use from 2 1/2 to 4. He's definitely at the top end but still enjoying duplo.image

• 1. My son has just turned 2 years old and I basically had to set the whole thing up myself. He was interested in sitting the little people in the boat and plane and putting the propellor on the plane but other than that i had to put all the blocks and pieces together myself.

2. My son enjoyed playing with the finished set. He's favourite part was the plane and he enjoyed pointing out all the animals and the noises they made.

3. I like that it is bright and colourful and is easy to put together. The instructions were very easy to follow. I like that it is a new way of helping him to learn different colours aswell as the animals and noises they make so aswell as it being for imaginitive play it can be educational too.

4. I feel my son was too young to be able to help with the setting up of this product but he had a lot of fun playing with the different parts and then taking it all apart.

imageimageimage

• Hi guys we had the pleasure of testing out the deployment around the world jungle set. It arrived on Saturday and it was tough going trying to keep my Harrison  (aged 2 and a half) away from it until Sunday! 

Come Sunday morning we got it out for him and the smile on his face was adorable.

He loved getting all the bits and pieces out on the rug and I explained to him  about looking at the very colourful instruction leaflet.

His dad soon got in on the action and the 2 of them had great fun constructing the set. Instructions are easy to read and the set was easy enough for Harrison (with a bit of help) to build. 

Once constructed Harrison had great fun playing with the animals and the aeroplane, as well as the human figures (especially the lady with the camera!). Overall it is a great product and we will definitely be investing on more similar items from logo in the future for our little man. 

imageimageimageimage

• 1. How did your child get on with building the LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle set? When you answer, please tell us how old your child is. 

I have 2 little boys. the older one who is 3 and a half put it all together very easily with me telling him which piece went where. He really seemed to enjoy himself too. The little one who is 20 months old really enjoyed playing with the animals while his brother put the set together.

2. Did your child enjoy playing with the finished set?

My eldest son seemed of enjoy putting it together more than actually playing with the finished set. But he was quite taken with the crocodile and liked that he could pretend to gobble up the people (since its mouth opens) The younger son really enjoyed playing with it. He played for longer than his big brother.

The eldest loved putting it together. the youngest really loved the animals. Particularly putting the baby elephant on top of the mummy elephant.

imageimage

4. Would you recommend it to a friend with a child the same age?

I would recommend this for children of equal age. But I old say that it isn't a toy that either could play with independently. 

• Just to add that yes I would reccommend this to a friend for sure... in fact I already have!!

• How did your child get on with building the LEGO® DUPLO® Around the World Jungle set? When you answer, please tell us how old your child is. I have two boys aged 3.5yrs and 6.5yrs. The elder one helped his little brother make the set and found the instructions easy to follow.

Both boys really enjoyed playing with the finished set and making up their own stories....especially with the plane and crocodile. 

I liked the fact I could leave them to it for a bit while I got jobs done knowing they couldn't really harm themselves and apart from a few minor arguments over who was having which piece they played nicely for a decent length of time.....which doesn't happen that often with my two!!

I would definitely recommend this playset for children aged 3+ due to easy of use of the chunky pieces, and although my 6.5yr old found it very easy to put together he loved playing with it we much as his normal Lego.imageimage

• How did your child get on with building the LEGO® DUPLO® Around The World Jungle? When you answer, please tell us how old your child is. 

Sasha is 2 years old so I got her to help me follow the build instructions she would find the pieces and I would put them together to build the set.

2. Did your child enjoy playing with the finished set? image

Yes she absolutely loves the set! This is her first duplo set, having played with mega blocks for the past year she was thrilled to have grown up Lego! Sasha really loves the little people and the animals (she takes the people and the baby elephant to bed!?) Duplo is such great quality and the vibrant colours are really attractive.  

3. What do you and your child like most about this LEGO® DUPLO® set? She loves being able to put the people on the animals and has a lot of fun putting the monkey in the airplane. There's such a lot of play in this set and it's an item that won't be disregarded. Really impressed with this!

4. Would you recommend it to a friend with a child the same age? Yes and older. We've already had some compliments from play date friends it's been a huge hit. Massive thanks for letting us trial it!! 

My son is one and nephew is 5. My son enjoyed playing with the animals and nephew enjoyed building it. 

They enjoyed playing with it however we wished we had more lego pieces so they could have built even more. My nephew also expressed that. 

The different animas were definitely a hit. They were playing with the animals all around the house And talking about what the crocodile eats etc so great as educatIona play  

And I would recommend to a friend. Perhaps a 3/4 year old is a perfect age for this set. However they enjoyed it. We thank you so much we could have a part in trialling this and I look forward to more hours of fun!

• How did your child get on with building the LEGO® DUPLO® Around The World Jungle? When you answer, please tell us how old your child is. 

My children enjoyed building the LEGO DUPLO around the world jungle. my six year old son seemed to take over with the building but my daughter 4 also had a go at doing certain sections. my son enjoyed fixing it together and watching it come to life. my 8 month old daughter also tried to get involved with building. we had to keep her away from the flowers but apart from that the other parts were big enough for her to be in contact with. imageimageimage

imageimage

Did your child enjoy playing with the finished set? 

Theo ( age 6) and Maisie ( age 4) both loved playing with the set. They did lots of role-playing with the set. The lovely peices in the set eg, people, animals,  plane, boat etc really helped them to use their imaginations and kept them amused for a substantial amount of time.imageimage

imageimage

I like the hammock and the way it swings. I like the fact there are lots of different parts to play with.  The children loved the part where the jewels are and the fact it moves up and down.  The children also liked the way the elephants can be stuck together.  It is a great set. 

4. Would you recommend it to a friend with a child the same age? Yes  definately  .It is a great set. I think the perfect age for this set would be 2.5-4 years.  However my son really enjoyed it and he is 6. A great set. Thank you for letting us trial it. I am a childminder and the children I look after (age 3 and 5) also thoroughly enjoyed playing with it  .

• Thanks everyone for posting your feedback – and your wonderful pics! It's so lovely to see your children enjoying their LEGO builds.

Hope you all enjoyed taking part in our product test. Please keep your eyes peeled for the next ones!