Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi all, I'm new to this site, just thought I'd say hello and wish everyone who is TTC the best of luck.

I'm 26 my OH is 27. We've been together 4 and a half years now. Lived together for 2 of those years. We're planning to marry in 2 years time.

We're in month 3 of TTC and it's so hard not to be obsessed already. Not sure whats going on with my AF came off the pill had a visit 32 days later which I thought was great seemed like I was working well without my pills, then 35 days after that one I had a visit which only lasted 2 days. Spent 3 days thinking we might have managed it without really trying too. Now I'm not sure when I'll be getting my next AF 32 days, 35 days...

Wondering if anyone else has had similar problems when they came off the pill?

Replies

• hi!! welcome to mfm!

not very sure about pill! but good luck!

• Hello from Sunderlannd trying-4-1!

Ohh try not to get stressed - 3 months is very early days...good luck though! image

• Hi Angie,

(Changed my screen name, thought it looks better with my actual name on!)

I think because we have talked about it for the last 2 years, but OH has been working away for 12 months doing training, so feel like it's taken forever to get just to this stage.

He's finally home from training, and working an hour away so he's home every night now, instead of only home on weekends, which is great and has finally given us the chance to actively start ttc.
  • HI NATALIE WELCOME TO MFM'S I'M ZOE I'M 28 AND HUBBY IS 31. I'M MUMMY TO CHARLIE WHO IS 3 AND 17 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH BUBBA NO2. IT TOOK US 4 MONTHS TO FALL PREGNANT THIS TIME ROUND AFTER COMING OFF THE PILL, TOOK ONE OF MY FRIENDS 6 MONTHS AND ANOTHER ONE 1 MONTH LOL SO IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW DIFFERENT EVERYONE IS. I KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT IT BEING STRESSFUL BECAUSE I WAS GETTING STRESSY ABOUT THE 3RD MONTH MARK LOL BUT ITS ONLY NATURAL. PEOPLE SAY ITS ABOUT 6 MONTHS ROUGHLY THAT MOST FIRST TIME MUMS CONCEIVE AFTER BEING ON THE PILL SO ITS STILL EARLY DAYS YET

HAVE YOU STARTED TAKING FOLIC ACID BECAUSE THAT CAN HELP GIVE THINGS A LITTLE BOOSTimage

JUST TRY AND RELAX AND DONT MAKE THINGS TOO REGIMENTED WITH TRYING BECAUSE THAT CAN MAKES THINGS QUITE STRESSFUL TO

HOPE THIS HELPS

SENDING LOTS OF BABY DUST YOUR WAY AND REMEMBER IT WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN WHEN U LEAST EXPECT IT

TAKE CARE XX

• Hiya Zoe,

Thanks for posting. Congrats on baby no2!

Yeah I started on the folic acid about a month before I came off my pill.

It's really hard when friends are annoucing they're pregnant and they say it wasn't planned. Really makes you wonder what you're doing wrong when you actually want to get pregnant.

Another friend of mine has been trying for 8 months. She's having irregular periods so she's back and forth to the doctors. Which makes me feel guilty for moaning at 3 months of trying.

We're going away on holiday in a couple of weeks. Hoping if I'm not pregnant this time round I have AF before I go away. I'm thinking Las Vegas is not the place to be having a period image !!

xx