Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 8

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Ovulation Test Strips Part 7 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Thanks Mrs t simm xx 

• Ooohhh part 8!!! We've been here too long!! We need bfps and change this to pregnancy after ovulation ( at last!!!)😂

• We definitely do.... praying for a lucky thread :) 

• Definitely 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

• Hi not sure if you can help me iv just startedusing opks but the line never gets dark I only ever get faint lines why is this happening? X

• They don't work for everyone.... however the key is to not use first morning urine. They will start to get darker as you approach ovulation and then will be positive as you are about to ovulate.... but the only way to see if you have ovulated is to take your basal temperature every morning. 

• Yikesss and were off again lol heres to lots of luck and baby dust to each and every one of us :)))

• Holz where r u in your cycle?

If you have a 28 day cycle for example then start testing cd9 and as Butterfly mentioned strip opks are best off used around 2.30pm) & after holding urine for 1& a half to 2 hours and don't drink during that time if you can help it!! The more you drink the more diluted your urine will be so won't work effectively:/

Keep testing every day I actually do fmu and 1 at 2.30 before the school run and it works for me. Afternoon tests are generally a little darker with me personally.

For a shorter cycle start as soon as AF stops for a longer cycle start a little later.

If you r new to all this I recommend starting as soon as AF stops until it starts again so you get a good idea of what's going on and if you get a darker test they dont work for us all sadly:/

You can temp aswel as you'll see a good shift after ovulation and will stay high until day of AF

Lots of luck we are here to help😊

• Hi la dies I'm about 6dpo  day 18 of cycle just went for a wee and I had pinkish Redish jelly /watery stuff I'm due for another 7 days as my cycles are 25 days 

• Could be IB???

• Hope you are all well ladies:)

11dpo today many symptoms as per usual but negative test! AF due from Tuesday-Friday then onto the next cycle in hope of a bfp for Xmas:)🎅🏻

Hows everyone else? Xxx

• 11dpo.... really sore painful boobs... and heartburn after eating and bloating... had a negative on the IC sticks.... not sure how reliable those things are though. My AF isn't due until Friday. Hoping sore boobs arent a new AF symptom because I can't put up with this pain every month! 

• Yeah Ive got all that butterfly that's the only reason I bother testing as I can't tell anymore and I've got to take baby aspirin as soon as I get a bfp.

My nipples are always sore but my boobs ache under my armpit this time and a VERY watery mouth so allowed a little hope to creep in stupidly!!

Ive just used a cheapie strip test and wasnt enough die but the control line appeared after a few mins just a little faint but rest was defo stark white.

Gets me down for a few hours but I've dropped kids to school, done a 2 hour walk and feel great now!! Onwards and upwards 😀

If we let it bother us too much the stress will stop us conceiving so must look forwards!!

Focusing on new keep fit classes and crimbo now:)🎅🏻

• Definitely..... last time I had sore boobs like this was in May before the bfp so that's why I have added hope... mine feels so bruised and like you say are right into the armpit... 

will be so annoyed if this is a new period symptom cos it's so uncomfortable.... I am only small, but they are feeling quite swollen and making me feel like a heifer!!!!

• Don't give up hope just yet mma, butterfly; it all sounds very hopeful, might just be too early to show on a test 💕

As for me, I'm on cd 12 today, should be ovulating in the next few days, I'm in a bit of a quandary though; I went for an interview last week and heard this morning that I got the job, I'm thrilled but I can't see my new employers being too thrilled if I fall pregnant when I've only just started working there (if I was lucky enough to fall pregnant that is!). I don't know whether to stop ttc for a few months or just carry on 😣🤔

• Tricky one.... I fell a month into a new job and then had my MC.... but since going back after my MC my boss was an absolute cow to me and at the end of my 6 months I was told to leave! I can't prove it, but they made my life hell for those 3 months... was coming home in tears everyday! Was glad I left there cos she was poison but now i have no job :( so now I will have to stop if  am not PG this time round 😢

• I'm now 9dpo so will now if I am preg 3 days time as af due then 

• Good luck everyone:)🍀

Thats a tricky one pink cupcake! I have to say if it were me I'd carry on ttc as I'm now cycle 7 going onto 8 and can take as long as 18 months to 2 years to fall preggers 😳. A personal choice really hun go with your heart 😘

• When I got a new job I still ttc because even though you may not qualify for maternity pay off your employer you can still get government maternity pay and u don't really need to tell your employer until 11 weeks before your due to have the baby which is 29 weeks 😊

• Hi mma and other ttc ladies :)im due af Thurs  I think and my op is a week today yikesss so nervous and excited I havnt bothered testing as thier isnt any point yet,I so hope I have af by Thursday as I need to come off by Monday I think I will be ok and on time,looks like hopefully I will be pg by xmas or new year and so hope all u ttc ladies get your bfp I have afeeling we will all be gettin caught around same time and then this thread will really go off lol good luck ladies :))))