Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Inspire me with dinner ideas!

Hi ladies, I'm after inspiration for some new dinner ideas that I can make for me and H. I'm getting increasingly bored with the same rotation of meals that I seem to make all the time, which usually consists of spaghetti bolognese, chilli, sausage and mash and varying types of pasta. I like cooking so don't mind things which require a bit more effort and the only no go food is things that involve mushrooms as H won't touch them! So give me your best ideas and links to recipes would also be appreciated! TIA x 

Replies

• What about fajitas? Yummy!

• On my phone so can't do links but the Philadelphia recipe for honey and mustard chicken is yummy. Also the weight watchers chicken in creamy tarragon sauce is good, the recipe calls for rosemary potatoes but they aren't worth the effort imho. I usually just Google both recipes

Curries, fishcakes, bbcgoodfood superhealthy salmon burgers are fab

• We recently made this : www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../nutty-chicken-curry

Its amazing we put 3 tbsp spoons of peanut butter not the 5 as per comments and its nutty enough

• Tonight I am making a sort of bubble and squeak type thing from boiled potatoes and some mixed greens which I will brown in a pan after cooking some gammon steaks in it. Served with an egg for H.

Some ideas on my blog!

www.rodskitchen.wordpress.com

x

• Thanks ladies will have a look at those and I'll definitely check out your blog Rod x

• We're having a hairy bikers recipe - Spanish chicken tray bake, it's chicken, chorizo, new potatoes, tomatoes and peppers. It's from the hairy dieters book which has become my favourite cookbook. You can find lots of their recipes online though.

• Ooh I've got that book! I just haven't used it yet but I will dig it out!

• Would definitely recommend it! I've got loads of recipe books that I've only ever made 2 or 3 things from, think I'm up to about 10 so far (with only 2 that I wouldn't do again)

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Recently we had tried some yummy fun fruit kebabs. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:

• 8 strawberries, halved
          • 2 peaches or nectarines or 3 plums, sliced into 8 wedges each
          • 2 bananas, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
          • 1 cup (250 mL) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
          • 2 tbsp (25 mL) pure maple syrup
          • 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon

Directions:
    Pierce fruit onto small skewers alternating fruit. Yogurt dip: In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Serve with fruit kebabs.

Tips:
    This is one snack that little chefs will love making and eating. Make the dip a day ahead and refrigerate until ready to use. Unleash your inner chef and experiment with endless fruit combinations.

Prep. Time: 5 min.
    Cook Time: 0 min.
    Makes: 8 kebabs

Try this with maple cinnamon yogurt dip. 
    Source: http://www.physiomed.ca/blog/healthy-eating-recipes/fun-fruit-kebabs-maple-cinnamon-yogurt-dip/

• Hi! 

I'm new to this I don't know if I'm allowed share a link to one of the recipes on my blog (it's only hobby) but it's one of my boys favourite, it's called plum pork. Takes a few ingredients but super simple to prepare. 

Here's the link 

https://therockbun.com/2015/12/23/plum-pork/

Sorry if that's against the rules x

• I suggest to eat on dinner different first dishes: soups with different vegetables,tomatoes and cheeses. Also I suggest pasta with meat, baked vegetable with potato and different porriges.

• Have you tried peasants dinner?

It goes like this, very simple
    Take potatoes, like 4 or 5 or 6, how much you want. You wash them good and don´t peel them, just cut them in half. Put them on a tray and in the oven to bake. Once when they are almost ready, put bacon and cheese on top of it to melt. Once when it is done, take them out and eat them with sauces or sour cream. It tastes good, try it sometimes.

• Well, it depends on what kind of food you are into.
    I always try to cook some new and unique recipes when I have some free time.
    While you are bored from pasta, I would suggest to try some seafood. There is a huge variety of recipes out there.
    I would suggest to try one of my favorites "Baked Dijon Salmon". It is very easy to prepare and you will end up with delicious quick meal.
    Or, if you want to put some more effort, you can try some "Smoked Oysters". Very delicious and can be combined with lots of other dishes.

Sources:
    1) Baked Dijon Salmon: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/21176/baked-dijon-salmon/?lnkid=usstwt

2) Smoked Oysters: http://furiousgrill.com/how-to-smoke-oysters/

• try to cook carpaccio, I strongly advise.

• I am a big fan of Mary Berry and I have made quite a few of her recipes because many are quite easy to prepare. You will find a few good recipes here:

http://www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes/

• What about fajitas? Yummy!
  • Hello! I also love cooking but not always I have time to do that. When I have I love to experiment. Casserole with chicken or with salmon are my favorite dinner ideas. I add pasta, spinach and cocktail tomatoes and it always tastes delicious!
  • mjgoudmjgoud New
    edited Nov 18, 2020 9:07AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat guidelines