Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Fancy testing the Britax Römer’s BABY-SAFE i-SIZE car seat and FLEX BASE? Sign up here

Replies

• My son is nearly 4 months old and my car model is 2013 Honda Civic

• OMG it's fabulous idea to test the car seat I would happily test it for you. My little one born on 2nd November 2016. And the model of my car is BMW 3 series saloon 2011. 

• I have four kids. My last baby born on 21 September 2016. I'm using the old baby car seat which one I bought for my first baby so it's great if I get this car seat to test and keep it . I'm  driving vauxhall Astra 2012. 

• My son is not four weeks yet. I drive Audi a3 2013. It is perfect for i size car seat.

• Hi Our Third baby is due 17th December. We currently have a Maxi cosi Pebble and Family fix base or easybase 2 available to use for him. However after purchasing a new car - a VW sharan 02 plate I am disappointed with the recline of the seat. 

Due to the seat angle and the low isofix points it is very upright and i am concerned about his airway being restricted due to head loll. Following the recent new research by yhr Lullaby Trust (A charity promoting safer sleep for babies), and carried out at the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Du

• Hi I posted too soon earlier due to tablet freezing. Please accept my apologies.

Our Third baby is due 17th December. We currently have a Maxi cosi Pebble and Family fix base or easybase 2 available to use for him. However after purchasing a new car - a VW sharan 02 plate I am disappointed with the recline of this seat. 

Due to the seat angle and the low isofix points it is very upright and i am concerned about his airway being restricted due to head loll and poor recline. Following the recent new research pilot by the Lullaby Trust and the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation, university of Bristol and Southampton this has made me even more concerned.

I will definitely be restricting his time in the seat so that his oxygen saturation levels have chance to recover. We will keep journeys to only essential ones. Another option is to use my partners car a Renault Scenic 02 plate.

However the reason we brought a new car was to ensure we had room for all three children safely in the back and would mean my nine year old was no longer in a high backed booster and we have had difficulty finding a booster cushion slim enough to fit the middle seat. Although he can legally go without either as he's just at the minimum legal height limi the adult seat belt does not give a good fit so whilst not illegal it's certainly not the safest option.
    These are the dilemmas of modern families when you have more than one child!

I have been considering buying the Britax baby safe isize and flex base as think this will give us an acceptable recline angle due to the ability to adjust the base to compensate for my seat angle and isofix points. It is also a large infant carrier and will last my new baby a long time so delays the inevitable search for a stage 1 rear facing seat that also gives a good angle! I would love the opportunity to product test it for you and give it a really good road test. I had already seen it demonstrated on your Facebook page when it was released at the Cologne baby show and commented on what a exciting new concept the flex base was- little did I realise then I would potentially benefit from it!

I have also recommended to friends the new Britax baby safe isize and flex base after seeing it on your social media and looking at the seat angle of their car. They will have similar but not as significant issues as I will. It would be nice to be able them to be able to see the Britax baby safe isafe and flex base in use ahead of them purchasing their baby equipment if the terms and conditions of the product trial allows ( I can also keep it top secret if that's what's required too!)

I have checked the Britax fit finder for both our cars and the seat and flex base both have approval so would love to test this seat if selected.

• I would be absolutly delighted to get rid of my tatty car seat, test this one out and give feedback ! My little girl Zara is 5 months old and I  drive a Renault Capture 2014. :) xx

• Hi me and Ayden would love to test this. He is 13 weeks old and was born six weeks early on 3 Sep 16.  He is tiny at only 10lb so would get lots of use.

we have two cars which are both isofix compatible and very different, we also do a lot of long and short journeys so it would get a good run. We have  a 2014 Audi SQ5 and a 2012 BMW 1 series.

Good luck to everyone and if I don't get selected I look forward to the reviews x

• Hi.

We have an 8 month old boy and a 2001 Nissan Micra. It is a 3 door car so it would be great to compare manoeuvrability of this car seat into the back of the car!

Thanks. 

• My child born on 1 November 2016 and I drive Vauxhall Astrange 2012. It's so beautiful car seat would love to test it please 

• Sorry it's vauxhall astra 2012

• Next week my son will be three months old. I think he is perfect for test your car seat. I am currently driving bmw 3 series 2013

• Would love to be considered.  We are driving over to France next week so would be able to give it a good run on a long journey!  My son is 3.5 months old and our car is a Citroen C4 Picasso, 59 plate. Thank you!

• Baby boy is 12 weeks old. Car is Skoda Fabia 2008

The seat looks fab! We do a lot of driving around the countryside back and forth to Grandads house!

• Baby 2 weeks old.  Honda civic se 2013. Would love to test

• My twin is due on 19th, I'm one day out but we would love to try it! she has a fiat 500 2012, this would be so wonderful, please choose us! :-)

• This is a fantastic prize being two months pregnant winning this prize would be really handy and a big help.

• It would be an absolute pleasure to test this out, my daughter is 5 months old (DOB 22/06/2016) and we have a Vauxhall Mokka (2016) model.

Many thanks

• I have a Skoda Fabia from 2013. My daughter is 8 months old. We would love to have the opportunity to try a new I size seat and the lay flat technology for those long trips to see family sounds particularly appealing! 

• My daughter is 4 months old and my car is a Vauxhall Zafira 2005 model.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions